New lighting circuit woes

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > New lighting circui…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robw09 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     Robw09 says:

Robw09
    Participant

Hi guys and girls, first post so be gentle.

I have just installed some new spots to an area of my house that had no lighting.

I have a wire free switch lw201 55 and an inline relay lw821

However, clearly I am doing something wrong as I cannot get the lights to come to come on.

I have picked up a live a neutral from another light junction and the relay has power.

I have then looped the live across to the COM.

From the first spot I have placed the live into sw1 and the neutral into the N (along with main N)

When I try to link to the switch I get nothing….

The only time I got the lights on was when I turned the relay into what I think was unblinking mode (very rapid flashing) and then pressed the linking button again and then I could hear the relay came to life along with the lights before shutting off again.

I don’t require home automation I just want the convenience of the wirefree switch.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers
    Rob

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

There are 2 separate things to make things work; the wiring must be right and the pairing / control must be right.

It sounds like your wiring is correct although a picture can help verify this.

How are you doing the pairing? If successful then you should be able to hear the relay click as you turn it on and off.

Robw09 says:

Robw09
    Participant

I believe the wiring is light as I can “override” and it clicks into life and turns spots on , but then goes off again.

I have tried at least 10 times to pair. I bought the dimmer relay and was going to give that a go.

I will take a pic as soon as I can

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.