New iOS App – Now Available!

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > General LightwaveRF… > New iOS App – Now… > Page 8

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion New iOS App – Now Available!

This topic contains 133 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  grant 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 134 total)
  • Author
     Rob says:

Rob
    Participant

Be interesting to see your product. You really need to get a website up and running with all the details!

My latest good find with Domoticz was that events could Open urls enabling CGI calls into a Foscam webcam to change positions, arming/unarming and ftp image uploads for a period of time.

Be nice to see the good bits from all systems in one!

Please include a ‘quick timer’ option – This existed in the original Lightwave app but I can’t find it in the new one. It’s actually very useful just to enable a on/off for a period of time on the fly. Eg I might plug in a games charger and want the plug to turn off in two hours. Yes, I can create specific timers in Lightwave or Domoticz but I really just want an ad-hoc option one that I can simply select a device and say turn on or off in x minutes. It’s a one off and I don’t want it saved.

Lightwave switches, sockets, PIRs, contact sensors, LED strips & relays. Running on RaspberryPi with Domoticz to incorporate RF temperature sensors & IP cams. Still running WiFi link alongside!
     SimonCatlin says:

SimonCatlin
    Participant

It doesn’t power on (and it hasn’t got LAN anyways). Its a loan unit from JSJS.

With my software you ‘can’ have multiple WL.. i use them in a different manner.

Neil

Neil,

Excellent idea…How do you get around the fact the two Wifi Links (Hubs) cannot be on the same IP range?

2 WiFi, 2 sockets, 11 light switches (7 single, 4 double), 2 mood controllers, 1 double wire free switch, 6 plug in on/off, 3 plug in dimmer, 2 PIR, 2 LED, 1 300W Inline relay, 2 signal booster, 1 Energy Monitor and 1 very patient wife. Also Heatmiser's Neo, Ring Bell, Ring Camera, Nest Protect, Canary...
     skiv71 says:

skiv71
    Participant

Simon,

Just an update… i have another working WL unit now…

They are on the same subnet 192.168.11.0/24…… *.136 + *.100

My system targets them individually and in an async manor.

All good here :)

Neil

developer of BMS Link (http://linode.bmslink.co.uk). A cloud based Home Automation platform for LightwaveRF, Z-Wave, RFXCOM.
     SimonCatlin says:

SimonCatlin
    Participant

Ah, so no problem with IP range itself it is the UDP that is the issue and using a different subnet, that gets around it Very interesting.

Look forward to the software Neil :-)

2 WiFi, 2 sockets, 11 light switches (7 single, 4 double), 2 mood controllers, 1 double wire free switch, 6 plug in on/off, 3 plug in dimmer, 2 PIR, 2 LED, 1 300W Inline relay, 2 signal booster, 1 Energy Monitor and 1 very patient wife. Also Heatmiser's Neo, Ring Bell, Ring Camera, Nest Protect, Canary...
     h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

Skiv71 – do you want to start an alternate thread to discuss your software so that this one remains about the iOS app? ;-)

skiv71 says:

skiv71
    Participant

Sorry :)

developer of BMS Link (http://linode.bmslink.co.uk). A cloud based Home Automation platform for LightwaveRF, Z-Wave, RFXCOM.
     Davey says:

Davey
    Participant

Quick question. I use android so I dont know but does the new ios app work okay on ipad

ScubyD says:

ScubyD
    Participant

Quick question. I use android so I dont know but does the new ios app work okay on iPad

It’s not designed for iPad (so you just get a stretched version of the iPhone app), but works exactly the same.

Davey says:

Davey
    Participant

Ok thanks

petrolhead says:

petrolhead
    Participant

Sorry

You might have missed one, I’m sure I spotted a thread somewhere on this forum that you haven’t filled with off topic spam, if I can find it I’ll highlight it for you.
    Seriously your solution looks interesting and could no doubt fill a couple of bespoke solution requests from my customers but your relentless in your face hijacking and self promotion paints a poor picture of you that puts me off dealing with you and to be honest puts me off participating more on here.

On another note has anyone else had the issue where they cant set up a new wifilink for remote operation with the new app, i’ve tried temporarily setting up the old app and uploading settings, setting up on the website, but everything downloads properly except the wfl mac address, it is all xx’s

skiv71 says:

skiv71
    Participant

Sorry petrolhead.

I’m just enthusiastic about the whole automation thing and i like to help people.

My intentions are mean’t for the good, honestly.

Sometimes i push my system too much, i apologise.

Neil

markk says:

markk
    Participant

Blimey, these updates are like busses aren’t they? Until last month We’d been waiting a few years for an update! Another one out today!

Running RFXCom with Domoticz on raspberry pi3. LWRF dimmer switches, PIRs and plug sockets. Some Homeeasy switches, harmony hub controlling AV and air con. Geofencing with Pilot app. Tado for heating and cooling.
     sonynair says:

sonynair
    Participant

This latestupdate is useless….I can’t pair anything because the all refuses to respond to touch! The connect button just flashes, and the delete circle refuses to respond.

Anyone else seeing this?

Really pissed off, deleted most of my pairings because they were misbehaving/controlling wrong devices….and now I can’t control anything. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

I do not have this problem. It installed fine for me.

sonynair says:

sonynair
    Participant

I deleted the app, re-downloaded and restored settings and then re-did all the pairings.

now it’s all working correctly finally!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ABOUT Chris

Chris works as a techie for a large IT service provider. He is a geek at heart and loves nothing more than trying to automate his home. The problem is, his wife simply doesn't get it and can't understand why they can't have 'normal' lights like everyone else! Chris is dedicated therefore to implementing automation in a family friendly way.

View all posts by