New iOS App – Now Available!

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > General LightwaveRF… > New iOS App – Now… > Page 7

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion New iOS App – Now Available!

This topic contains 133 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  grant 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 134 total)
  • Author
     sonynair says:

sonynair
    Participant

Just noticed the new app does have ability to lock/unlock devices? The old app could (which I deleted a while ago).

Is there a way to schedule an event for lock/unlock of a switch?

Thanks

skiv71 says:

skiv71
    Participant

You’ll be able to do that on my software (and it’s coming in wifi link version too).

developer of BMS Link (http://linode.bmslink.co.uk). A cloud based Home Automation platform for LightwaveRF, Z-Wave, RFXCOM.
     Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

I miss the Quick Timer option from the old app, I used it a lot. Does your system support it by any chance Neil? ☻

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

My reply re editing the names of devices above is of course wrong if using the latest version. There is an edit function available. However, this is not available if you want to change the name of a Timer. Not sure why and will enquire.

Richard.

skiv71 says:

skiv71
    Participant

On my system, there are 2 places where you can create a timer…

Scheduled events… or via your own logic function.

The first is simple GUI affair, whilst the latter allows you access the system realtime Clock directly and do more complicated triggers…

i.e. when date = 25/12/2013 and time is 06:30 do…….

Neil

developer of BMS Link (http://linode.bmslink.co.uk). A cloud based Home Automation platform for LightwaveRF, Z-Wave, RFXCOM.
     SimonCatlin says:

SimonCatlin
    Participant

New version of new app does not run on my iPod (iOS 5.1.1.).

I will log a call later.

2 WiFi, 2 sockets, 11 light switches (7 single, 4 double), 2 mood controllers, 1 double wire free switch, 6 plug in on/off, 3 plug in dimmer, 2 PIR, 2 LED, 1 300W Inline relay, 2 signal booster, 1 Energy Monitor and 1 very patient wife. Also Heatmiser's Neo, Ring Bell, Ring Camera, Nest Protect, Canary...
     Colin says:

Colin
    Participant

Shucks! I’m just an ole fart leaning on the crackerbarrel, chewing the fat, but in reply to blackmaxxx, and I mean no disrespect, in the days when I worked I used my MBA to analyse companies, and if you look at the pickle that LightwaveRF got itself into – around £800,000 down at one time, you’ve got to give them credit for getting back on an even keel. In those circumstances, you have to expect delays of at least a year in anything. These are really the Resurrection Boys though. With a £2 Million capitalization and projected earnings of £650,000 in the medium term – well you do the maths (hint: divide the last figure by the big one and times it 100%) you can’t get that rate of return at the Nationwide Building Society.
    I do not give financial advice but I’d punt a few hundred while the shares are still less than a ha’penny each. And I’d wait another six months to set up the new heating system over next summer. That gives the Early Adopters the chance to iron out the inevitable bugs…

sonynair says:

sonynair
    Participant

You’ll be able to do that on my software (and it’s coming in wifi link version too).

Any known ETA on the wifi link … Assume you mean the LWRF iOS app.

(Haven’t got round to dig into rfxcom yet – thought I’d wait until your system is out)

skiv71 says:

skiv71
    Participant

The wifi link version of my software is almost ready…

i’ve got multiple wifi links now so i’m gonna do some testing tonight (when the kids gone to bed) hehe.

My software is not an app… its a self contained system that runs on one of your PC’s.

It creates a web server that can access this using most web browsers, both locally and over the internet.

Its a centralised system where you wont have to sync any settings, can use as many devices as you want.

It will provide…

a means of local control (like you have with the app) – via screens with LWRF devices, you call it a room and label the devices.
    the option to group control via virtual mood switches – again on room pages.
    create timers or logic functions to create an event which can trigger controls or sequences.

the user pages are configurable too, so you can upload backgrounds etc.

lots of possibilities.

Its the same system that runs my house, but the wifi link version will be restricted to control (due to current LWRF lineup).

The system can be later upgraded to make use of the new bidirectional 868Mhz products soon to be released.

HTH

Neil

sonynair says:

sonynair
    Participant

That’s sounds great! Have just pinged you a mail :p

Will your system be able to track energy usage? I have the energy monitor but want to view the graph for a given day/hour not just a snapshot of now and total yesterday. A feature they were supposed to implement a couple of years ago but never happened.

skiv71 says:

skiv71
    Participant

Yea you can have all that.

That bit will work the same as mine… you can plot graphs, view data, create calculations to work out true cost.

I have a feature where it creates a virtual meter that you can sync with your real meter.

skiv71 says:

skiv71
    Participant

Darn… the loan wifi link i have doesn’t work :-/

SimonCatlin says:

SimonCatlin
    Participant

Is it broken?

The reason I ask you is that you cannot have two wifil inks on the same IP “Range”.
    For example you cannot have two Wifi Link on 192.168.1.x.
    I have two wifi Links, but I am lucky enough to have two IP ranges in the house as we have two suppliers of the internet (ADSL 16mb/ Cable 120Mb). If one fails, I can gain access via the other route.

2 WiFi, 2 sockets, 11 light switches (7 single, 4 double), 2 mood controllers, 1 double wire free switch, 6 plug in on/off, 3 plug in dimmer, 2 PIR, 2 LED, 1 300W Inline relay, 2 signal booster, 1 Energy Monitor and 1 very patient wife. Also Heatmiser's Neo, Ring Bell, Ring Camera, Nest Protect, Canary...
     skiv71 says:

skiv71
    Participant

It doesn’t power on (and it hasn’t got LAN anyways). Its a loan unit from JSJS.

With my software you ‘can’ have multiple WL.. i use them in a different manner.

Neil

davew21 says:

davew21
    Participant

Sounds like a great piece of software Neil, look forward to seeing, can you tell us what O/S it has to sit on and minimum machine specs.
    Would be great if something like this could run on a Pi as this would mean minimum power usage and also small size so could be sat in a box next to the WiFi link, I know there is the mini itx option but that obviously increases power consumption.

Dave

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ABOUT Chris

Chris works as a techie for a large IT service provider. He is a geek at heart and loves nothing more than trying to automate his home. The problem is, his wife simply doesn't get it and can't understand why they can't have 'normal' lights like everyone else! Chris is dedicated therefore to implementing automation in a family friendly way.

View all posts by