New iOS App – Now Available!

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > General LightwaveRF… > New iOS App – Now… > Page 3

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion New iOS App – Now Available!

This topic contains 133 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  grant 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 134 total)
  • Author
     h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

I’m finding this more and more to be a piece of rubbish! :-)

Now this morning, I find that some of my “Events” have actually been over-written with the data from other Events – This software clearly has not been tested very well as both timers and events have this over-writing corrupt data bug thingamy – presumably it’s very minor to fix, but a major annoyance..

Is there an API reference anywhere? I’d like to write a windows desktop client so I can sort this mess out and have something to rely on!?

Mark

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

I do not have this problem. In an earlier beta version I had occasions when timers changed but this issue does not arise.

It may be you are not syncing after setting up on your device and when you switch on your app and it makes contact it is getting a conflicting version coming back?

Others will tell me if I am wrong but you should set the timers and events up in the app, then ensure you sync to your WifFi unit and save to the web if you wish. Am sure the web version is simply what you save to it (although there are editing facilities) and does not control or instruct your WiFi device but that is done direct by your IOS device either using wireless or the internet (making contact direct using the relevant IP address).

I do not think the software on the web if you use your computer has been updated to match yet. For example you still see “sequences” and not “events” Mind you one would expect this would have been done!

I would ensure all setting up is done on the IOS device and you ensure you sink to your wifi base unit.

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

hi rhlangdon,

I am only using the iOS app to set this up,
    After i make a change, i have been going to more/settings/ then choosing to both “save settings to web server” and also “sync events/timers with WiFiLink” to try and ensure it has the correct data…

Does anyone know what the “sync events/timers with WiFiLink” does under the hood? is it a one way or two way sync? could it be that the iOS app is doing things correctly but the software in the WiFi link is where some of the fault is?

I can give you an example of how the software is buggy from where im sitting now (not at home).
    My list of events currently has 13 events in it.
    - I press the “+” icon to make a new one
    - the “add event” dialog appears, i name it “test1″ and press continue
    - I’m now at the “choose products page” i select only my lounge ceiling lights and set them to on 100% and press “done”
    - It now shows my sequence, which consists of 9 actions I did not set, plus the 10th which is my ceiling lights on 100% (i recognise the other 9, they are from one of my other sequences)..

So this particular example requires no syncing or connection to show the software is buggy!

TractorTed says:

TractorTed
    Participant

Another bug – not a big deal, but I was viewing Energy Monitor at 23:59, left it running to midnight to see the day’s totals – as it turned midnight it crashed my phone! Iphone 4S, iOS7.

SimonCatlin says:

SimonCatlin
    Participant

I have submitted a LWRF ticket for the iPod Touch (3rd Gen) 5.1.1. not getting passed the login screen.

LWRF have passed this back to their software engineers. However, in the meantime, Jim at LWRF said another user found a work around, which was to press and hold the Login button for greater than 2 seconds, then release. I have tested this late last night and it did work. :-) Once logged in, it downloaded from the server and worked a treat.

2 WiFi, 2 sockets, 11 light switches (7 single, 4 double), 2 mood controllers, 1 double wire free switch, 6 plug in on/off, 3 plug in dimmer, 2 PIR, 2 LED, 1 300W Inline relay, 2 signal booster, 1 Energy Monitor and 1 very patient wife. Also Heatmiser's Neo, Ring Bell, Ring Camera, Nest Protect, Canary...
     rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

Further bugs I found.

1. If you move the order in which a device appears in a “room” what that device is meant to do does not always go with it. I ended up with say a downstairs light coming on when I pressed on for a light upstairs and all I had done was reposition the listing.

2. If you add a timer and then sync it seems to change the start day for some timers to tomorrow. Last night I added a timer and one already set for a light to go off before midnight did not operate. On getting up this morning the light was still on. I checked and it was set to go off tonight. Therefore after adding a timer and syncing check that they will come into operation when you want them to – recheck the settings for each.

I now have some re-pairing to do to ensure the right device comes on when pressed as a result of my changing the order of the devices listed!

sonynair says:

sonynair
    Participant

Further bugs I found.

1. If you move the order in which a device appears in a “room” what that device is meant to do does not always go with it. I ended up with say a downstairs light coming on when I pressed on for a light upstairs and all I had done was reposition the listing.

I now have some re-pairing to do to ensure the right device comes on when pressed as a result of my changing the order of the devices listed!

I hit this same bug today … Could not figure out hallway switch was controlling kitchen and vice versa.

Seriously if this app was in beta how did none of this get picked up? Seems to be pretty common issues being raised in this thread.

sonynair says:

sonynair
    Participant

Major headache now….

Had to clear memory on the dimmers and re-pair, as when I just pairing them again each one would turn both lights on. bizarre.

Synced up setting to web server. Downloaded settings on wifes phone – her device won’t turn on/off those 2 dimmers now, but mine is ok.

What the heck is going on?? LOL and now just noticed some of the power sockets that were paired do not work. Is this all because I arranged the order? (which doesn’t work anyway and when load the settings onto wires phone it puts them in it own order).

What a PAIN :(

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

With the beta version I did move around the order of devices listed in a room and had no issues. The room I did this with having got the released version is not the same one. I have tried it with another room and it seems ok.

With respect to sonyair’s problem I would avoid uploading to the web server and then downloading again, just sync with the wifi unit.

I still get issues with setting timers in that I think I have set it right and it reads right but check later and it has defaulted to 06:00 to usually the next day.

digital says:

digital
    Participant

I am a little confused with the new app and have a couple of questions…………………….

I have setup 3 rooms Lounge, Hall and Garage. Each has a lamp controlled by a lightwave socket.
    If I go into any room on the iphone ap let’s say for example lounge and press “All Off” it switches everything off in all the rooms not just the lounge.
    Should it not just turn the light in the lounge off and leave the others on.

Also if I set an event up for example Hall lamp “on” then delay 5 secs followed by lounge lamp “on” I expected the Hall lamp to come on then wait 5 secs and then switch lounge lamp “on”. This does not happen both come on the same time.

Any help appreciated.

Ian99 says:

Ian99
    Participant

Hi

If you were to switch on a lamp with the app does just one lamp come on? It sounds like they may be paired incorrectly?

Ian

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

I suspect you may have devices paired more than once. I have just checked and if I All Off in one room it does not affect any other room.

Current issues for me still are:

1. Change the order of devices displayed on the screen of the iPhone in a room and the commands do not always go with the change resulting in the wrong device being switched on or off. It does not happen with every room.

2. Add a device to a room and then change its position sometimes results on 1 above.

3. Setting a timer for a device you have to double check when it really will start or end as often it defaults to the next day if it considers the time for that device to operate has already passed.

4. Arbitrary changes in when devices operate. I have had lights come on in the night that are not meant to come on then. Usually the same one and deleting and resetting does not seem to achieve anything.

5. Arbitrary changes in times. Often I find a timer has defaulted to 06:00 and I have not changed anything. It has happened of its own volition. I think there is a bug when you go into the app and it syncs with the WiFi unit that may be causing this.

Richard.

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

5. Arbitrary changes in times. Often I find a timer has defaulted to 06:00 and I have not changed anything. It has happened of its own volition. I think there is a bug when you go into the app and it syncs with the WiFi unit that may be causing this.

Richard.

From sniffing the local UDP and looking at what the app syncs to the webserver I’ve seen spurios “T06:,” prepended to correct time values – it’s the iOS app that is doing this in error sometimes which is this incorrect 6am things. – I’ve reported it to them so for the moment I’m going to hang fire using the iOS app till the fixed version is out..

digital says:

digital
    Participant

I suspect you may have devices paired more than once. I have just checked and if I All Off in one room it does not affect any other room.

Richard.

Thanks for all the replies.
    I have reset all my devices and repaired.
    All working now.
    Thank You

digital says:

digital
    Participant

Richard.

I spoke to soon this just happened to me.
    I set a timer for 11:30 then synced with the wifi unit checked time and it was set ok at 11:30.
    Went out of wifi range for 5 minutes then came back home checked timer and it now shows 06:00

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ABOUT Chris

Chris works as a techie for a large IT service provider. He is a geek at heart and loves nothing more than trying to automate his home. The problem is, his wife simply doesn't get it and can't understand why they can't have 'normal' lights like everyone else! Chris is dedicated therefore to implementing automation in a family friendly way.

View all posts by