New iOS App – Now Available!

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > General LightwaveRF… > New iOS App – Now… > Page 2

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion New iOS App – Now Available!

This topic contains 133 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  grant 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 134 total)
  • Author
     rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

I will be interested to know users’s thoughts/experiences on setting up events in he new app. For some time I have had the beta version on test, quirks gradually disappeared on each new beta release but in the final version before the release yesterday I did not find it straight forward to set up an event. Plus it seems the event can only have one item in it. But then I may have missed something.

Dave says:

Dave
    Participant

I will be interested to know users’s thoughts/experiences on setting up events in he new app. For some time I have had the beta version on test, quirks gradually disappeared on each new beta release but in the final version before the release yesterday I did not find it straight forward to set up an event. Plus it seems the event can only have one item in it. But then I may have missed something.

i just had a quick check on this…

Each device in the event view has a little circle to its left. You can select which devices you wish to affect there.

Hope that helps,

-Dave.

LWRF, RFXCom on RPi, Domoticz, Heatmiser, Micasaverde Vera Lite and AlertMe all running in harmony(ish).
     Davey says:

Davey
    Participant

Does this mean another new app is coming in November with heating?

homeoffice_lf says:

homeoffice_lf
    Participant

Much Much improved interface. The energy monitor is pretty nice, plus the cost per hour feature, still no long range graphing though (but Pauly Clark has a great ruby gem that solves this – worth checking out).

The sliders for light control and overall design is very nice. I haven’t played with the timers yet but I will today.

markk says:

markk
    Participant

I can’t wait to get cracking with the timers. The day before this app came out I had to delete the timer that turned my pond pump on and off because the filter was clocked and I won’t get a chance to clear it until the weekend. If I’d have waited, I could have just paused this timer with the new app. Loving the ability to edit events too. Not often I get a free new toy :)

Running RFXCom with Domoticz on raspberry pi3. LWRF dimmer switches, PIRs and plug sockets. Some Homeeasy switches, harmony hub controlling AV and air con. Geofencing with Pilot app. Tado for heating and cooling.
     h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

Just set it up on an iPhone 5 and a 5S both running IOS7.0.2..
    I really like it, much cleaner and the controls and layout are much improved.
    Have created some Timers and Events and it seemed easy to do, more intuitive than the old app i think.

Very pleased :-)

Justin says:

Justin
    Participant

Just updated the Android app from the play store. We no have the option of a radiator, as well as the usual switches and moods etc.

Fingers crossed it’s all gonna happen soon.

Wifi link, plug in adapter's, wall and mood switches. Heating controls sometime?? We'll see. Lol
     coxy says:

coxy
    Participant

New android beta out today. I don’t have android, but hopefully this will be the start of other devices being added.
    Don’t know if there are any heating product beta testers in the uk, or if we are just gonna have to wait for launch of products and the app (with new devices in at same time) and they will quickly irons out the bugs as it arrives

LightwaveRF for electrics, Harmony Home for gadgets, Nest for heating, and now toying with IFTTT
     sonynair says:

sonynair
    Participant

On the new app, you no longer have to set “Roaming” when outside of your network to control your devices.

So, it seems that this new app always talks to the LightwaveRF servers and not direct to the WiFi link when indoors?

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

On the new app, you no longer have to set “Roaming” when outside of your network to control your devices.

So, it seems that this new app always talks to the LightwaveRF servers and not direct to the WiFi link when indoors?

No, It’s much more clever! – It auto-detects the state and changes between local and roaming on the fly :-)

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

I’ve found a bug adding multiple events…

Normal when you add a new event you have a blank page to add new events to…

After creating about 8 or so, when i added a new one, it was pre-filled from one of the previous events.. had to delete the contents and then add what i wanted..

Same also happened for next event i made after that..

Other than that it seems OK so far. :)

sonynair says:

sonynair
    Participant

sonynair wrote:

No, It’s much more clever! – It auto-detects the state and changes between local and roaming on the fly

Aha, yes you are indeed correct!
    Only just noticed, on the “Home” tab, there is a wifi logo on the top left that turns green if you are on your connected to your network , and grey if you are not.

andygee1872 says:

andygee1872
    Participant

I have uploaded my database and on the new app I am missing a room have tried to download the database. Anyone have this problem?

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

I’m finding more bugs on it.. added another timer to launch an event at just gone 9 this morning, it didnt happen..
    closed app and re-opened it and the time had reverted to 6 am..
    edited time back to a sensible time.. closed and opened app, back to 6 am again…
    deleted the timer, made a new one, closed and re-opened app, its back to 6am

Does anyone on this forum have contact with the developer at all? If not i guess these issues nee reporting directly.

Mark

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

I had this with the beta version. I opened up the app one morning puzzled that my computer had gone off just after 06:00 (it was set to come on at 05:15 and go off at 22:35) today and find that the app had changed the off setting only to 06:00. I also noticed that a light meant to come on at dusk had changed to come on at 06:00. I deleted the devices and put them in again and so far no problem but I did ensure the start date was that day. If you do not alter it, it defaults to the next day. Also I ensured that after inputting the settings I synced with the WiFi link. I think what is on the server is more a copy of what you have but syncing to the Wifi is more important. Whether ensuring you sync is the answer I know not but a fresh input and then doing so seems to have cured the problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ABOUT Chris

Chris works as a techie for a large IT service provider. He is a geek at heart and loves nothing more than trying to automate his home. The problem is, his wife simply doesn't get it and can't understand why they can't have 'normal' lights like everyone else! Chris is dedicated therefore to implementing automation in a family friendly way.

View all posts by