New iOS App – Now Available!

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion New iOS App – Now Available!

This topic contains 133 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  grant 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 134 total)
  • Author
     Chris says:

Chris
    Key Master

I’ve just heard from JSJS Designs that the new iOS App is now available.

Fill yer boots everyone…

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/lightwaverf/id720725275

The e-mail I’ve had from Jim mentions the following:

If you are ‘upgrading’ to this new app having used the old one, you will need to upload your settings to the server to make sure when logging in with the new app the room and devices names are correct:

• Open the app
    • Select settings at the bottom right and click ‘Backup Data to WebServer’
    • In this screen you have the two options of Upload and Download database to/from Web.
    • Click Upload.

One assumes this means that the old app lives on and that the new app is a separate download. I’m guessing therefore that those of us on iOS 7 will not see the app automatically updated.

Chris Mills Founder and Editor - LightwaveRF Community http://cpmills.com/ http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk
     phil01 says:

phil01
    Participant

Hi Chris.
    If they have updated the IOS app to a new version, can you ask JSJS to update the ” Download on the App Store” link on their website to point to the new IOS app. Currently the link is still pointing to the old App by W5H.

markk says:

markk
    Participant

Now how did I know that they’d release this whilst I was at work with no wifi :(

Running RFXCom with Domoticz on raspberry pi3. LWRF dimmer switches, PIRs and plug sockets. Some Homeeasy switches, harmony hub controlling AV and air con. Geofencing with Pilot app. Tado for heating and cooling.
     TractorTed says:

TractorTed
    Participant

Thanks Chris, the news we’ve all been waiting for!

Only trouble is, I’ve no idea what my pin number is – would I have created & used one for the previous App?
    Do you happen to know if I can get a reminder from LWRF?

TractorTed says:

TractorTed
    Participant

Ah – just found it in the Settings part of the old App…

TractorTed says:

TractorTed
    Participant

Hmm, looks better – but is it just me, or is it still just as confusing and non-intuitive!?

RicWoodgate says:

RicWoodgate
    Participant

Not a huge leap forward, but it does look more professional. Home and Away buttons might be useful to help set a series of actions. Hopefully, the start of some new functionality (heating controls anyone?)

coxy says:

coxy
    Participant

And there is still more to come. Beta testing isn’t over yet :-)

LightwaveRF for electrics, Harmony Home for gadgets, Nest for heating, and now toying with IFTTT
     SimonCatlin says:

SimonCatlin
    Participant

It is good news.

Trouble is it won’t tun on my iPod Touch iOS 5.1.1. Asks for login details – press Login and then it does nothing. Has any beta testing occurred on 5.1.1?

As someone with two Hubs, I can now use the “old” app to access the secondary Hub using the remote function. No more using a web browser to turn off/on secondary Hub functions remotely :-)

Simon

2 WiFi, 2 sockets, 11 light switches (7 single, 4 double), 2 mood controllers, 1 double wire free switch, 6 plug in on/off, 3 plug in dimmer, 2 PIR, 2 LED, 1 300W Inline relay, 2 signal booster, 1 Energy Monitor and 1 very patient wife. Also Heatmiser's Neo, Ring Bell, Ring Camera, Nest Protect, Canary...
     camel says:

camel
    Participant

A vast improvement on the old App. Like the way that once you set a dimmer level the first time, it remembers it the next time you turn the light on rather than the old presets levels of 25%, 50% 75%

coxy says:

coxy
    Participant

I don’t know about that. According to App Store it works from 5.1 upwards. I was testing on 6.1.2 and. 7.0.2 and never had login issues

LightwaveRF for electrics, Harmony Home for gadgets, Nest for heating, and now toying with IFTTT
     Chris says:

Chris
    Key Master

I tried editing a sequence and failed miserably. Couldn’t find any way at all for it to remember that I actually wanted a light on at 20%. That said, last time I was in the loft I stupidly reset my Wi-Fi link to factory defaults so the phone isn’t currently paired. Was able to test switching lights on and off using remote function though. Need to get up in the loft…

Chris Mills Founder and Editor - LightwaveRF Community http://cpmills.com/ http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk
     petrolhead says:

petrolhead
    Participant

Is there any way to trigger the fourth and fifth moods from the app, moods 0 and 1 from the mood switches in m mode?

SimonCatlin says:

SimonCatlin
    Participant

I have submitted a LWRF ticket for the iPod Touch (3rd Gen) 5.1.1. not getting passed the login screen.

2 WiFi, 2 sockets, 11 light switches (7 single, 4 double), 2 mood controllers, 1 double wire free switch, 6 plug in on/off, 3 plug in dimmer, 2 PIR, 2 LED, 1 300W Inline relay, 2 signal booster, 1 Energy Monitor and 1 very patient wife. Also Heatmiser's Neo, Ring Bell, Ring Camera, Nest Protect, Canary...
     coxy says:

coxy
    Participant

I have emailed the developer and recommended he joins the forum, to see feedback on the new app, and possible look into the hackers communities ideas as future addons for the official app

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ABOUT Chris

Chris works as a techie for a large IT service provider. He is a geek at heart and loves nothing more than trying to automate his home. The problem is, his wife simply doesn't get it and can't understand why they can't have 'normal' lights like everyone else! Chris is dedicated therefore to implementing automation in a family friendly way.

View all posts by