My lightwaverf set up has gone nuts…

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > My lightwaverf set…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting My lightwaverf set up has gone nuts…

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  michael ward 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
     Glassdome says:

Glassdome
    Participant

My lightwaverf set up which has around 50 devices across 12 rooms has gone nuts and random
    Lights go on and come off at odd times. Some of these are in timers / events that are paused, another us a light which isn’t event on a timer.

My set up:
    Extensive covering plugs, switches, relays, pir and dusk and dawn sensors

It all worked perfectly until recently, when a paused timer seemed to start to come on putting our bedroom lights on during the night.

What have I tried to do to sort this out:

- deleted the app from all devices
    - recreate some of the timers
    - reset the lightwaverf link box
    - re-synched the timers and events
    - paused all bar two or three timers

It is driving me and my wife nuts as the timers that are coming on are paused or don’t event exist. I didnthink if a neighbour has bought a setup and if it could be interfering but they haven’t. The lights that are coming of is a mix of switch and bulbs at the moment.

Really disappointed at the moment as I have a lot sunk into lightwaverf and it’s so buggy. Surely at this stage they’d be sorting out the issues and the app and experience would be better. For us die hard users, we put up with it. But for mass penetration their ux needs to be better and more reliable

Can anyone offer any advice on what I can do?

Is my link on its way out and needs replacing?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Glassdome says:

Glassdome
    Participant

Is no one able to offer any views? The lights are coming in every evening ask if the timers are running. I’ve now not only paused the timers, but deleted then too. And yet sane time each night the lights come in please help as it’s drvliving me nuts.

Thanks in advance

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

I have a suspicion that i’ve seen paused timers sometimes start working again after an app update on my phone

The only thing i’d do to fix it is to re-save all events/timers using the app – if it still doesn’t work correctly then i guess its time to call lightwave?

Glassdome says:

Glassdome
    Participant
     Glassdome says:

Glassdome
    Participant

You’re probably spot on. I’ve submitted a message to lightwaverf and hopefully they can verify the issue. I’ve deleted all of the suspect timers and events – which is a massive pain as I had 14 set up and saved but 9 paused as I only use these when out. I will set these up again when I know it has stabilised. Thanks again

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

Have you had a look on the web app because it seems to reflect more of actually what is going off with the link than the phone apps, eg I streamlined all my timers up giving new names that is more realistic checking the times etc on the web app as I find it is easier, but then I went on the phone apps and until I refreshed each phone (by pulling down the screen), they didn’t show the changes I had made, so then could a rogue phone that has not been refreshed sent an old timer would the link pick it up?

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
     michael ward says:

michael ward
    Participant

I agree with nevetsecirp.

Whenever I make any changes or amendments, I use the web manager page then update from there. This rules out the chance that a bug in the app doesn’t do anything daft.

I think everything is done from the server no matter what, so if there is a rogue android or other device on the system that has not updated, then decides to send bogus data, you could get the effects you speak of.

Either remove the apps or disable them on all devices, for a trial period.

The only other possibility is that something is sending out interference, which is causing the problem.

mctaff says:

mctaff
    Participant

I’m having a similar problem…. my lights come on in the evening, go off later on, but when I come down in the morning they are on again.

This goes away if I delete the “on” timer, but comes back if I reinstate it.

I suspect the 24 hour clock may be broken and the lights are coming on at 4pm and again at 4am… although I’m not up at 4am to confirm!

Did you get any response from support?

michael ward says:

michael ward
    Participant

Something I forgot about as I did a work around.
    I have 2 lights coming on with a daylight sensor then turning off again later with a timer.

I couldn’t work out why the lights were coming on again at a later time and staying on until morning. Eventually I placed multiple timer events to turn the lights off again a few times.

Eventually the problem stopped, however there can be a number of reasons this could happen. How clean is the mains supply ?
    A fridge/freezer/washing machine switches current regularly and can send spikes down the mains wires if a suppressor has gone faulty. That is a possibility if the lights are local to these.

I think my problem was a fridge freezer, as the problem stopped once that had been replaced, although that could be wrong and just be a coincidence. Placebo Effect :)

Glassdome says:

Glassdome
    Participant

I can’t believe that a company of this size and time in the market has such a buggy setup. I’ve deleted all of the timers and events which related to the rogue lights. Annoying to have to do this but at least it has stopped the random activity. I can’t believe it would have interference – that would be totally unacceptable surely.

It is annoying for sure. More annoying is the fact that lightwaverf suppprt deal has not responded to my tickets at all. I have submitted again but this is not acceptable.

Lightwaverf seem to have an odd view of their customers if my example is anything to go by – buggy system, lack of support, little evolution and enhancements and not listening to users. Whilst this rant is not the direct intent of my post, I feel it’s justifiable as I’m not only a big lightwaverf user but also a shareholder. I see such potential in their setup but it needs attention and also they need to evolve faster and work with users. One of the big tech companies will come into the market at some point and obliterate then if they don’t. Hopefully my experiences are unusual and everyone has better experiences to reference. We should do a poll at some point.

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

Glassdome you never mentioned whether any of the suggestions sorted your issues out, apart from deleting the timers

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
     Glassdome says:

Glassdome
    Participant

Unfortunately not. It got to the stage where my wife was getting annoyed with lights coming on during the night so I resorted to deleting them. I did try and remove the app from every device and only reinstalled it on one device but that didn’t help; the lights still kept coming on.

I will rebuild the events and timers and see if that works. I’ll also try the other steps as I do that.

michael ward says:

michael ward
    Participant

I can’t believe that a company of this size and time in the market has such a buggy setup. I’ve deleted all of the timers and events which related to the rogue lights. Annoying to have to do this but at least it has stopped the random activity. I can’t believe it would have interference – that would be totally unacceptable surely.

I completely agree, and yes a poll would be a good idea, if only to send to lightwaveRF management, to see the disruption a poorly working system has on its customers.

I tend to think the problem is probably the venture capitalists, wanting the most out for the least investment.
    I notice Lightwave are no longer doing support through the Megaman site and have made it their sole purpose to ignore customers. I got so pissed off with them I wrote a complaint about the lack of response, at which point I got an apology to be followed with the support people responding.
    I was told that no one else had the same problem, so I gave links to this forum so they could read the complaints for themselves. Eventually the problem has been resolved.
    Rant over.

So to recap, you have disconnected everything as far as the app is concerned.
    I would say as a test, leave the app off all devices and set your system up via the web manager https://manager.lightwaverf.com/data-overview

This way you can rule out whether it is the wifi or the app.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.