moods using Alexa

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jules 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     Liggit says:

Liggit
    Participant

Hi guy’s i have been sucked into the smart home world and loving it by the way, however can be a bit frustrating.
    With Lightwave i am finding the app a little confusing and also how it works with Alexa. it seems to turn on and off the lights ok
    but when it comes to moods it goes a bit nuts. The one time you get it to work and then you’ve forgotten what you said!!!
    Has anyone got a simple discriptive view of how to set up a mood to turn on 3 power sockets and a wall light at once, ideally i want to set the tv and the lights to come on all together but i think i am going to have to wait until lightwave integrates with yonomi or similar app.
    I tried IFTTT but it will only turn on one lamp so no good.
    Any help would be very helpful.

Jules says:

Jules
    Participant

….The one time you get it to work and then you’ve forgotten what you said!!!
    Has anyone got a simple discriptive view of how to set up a mood to turn on 3 power sockets and a wall light at once…

Once you’ve setup your mood in the LightwaveRF app, go into the Smart Home section of your Alexa app and discover devices. You’ll then see a list of discovered LightwaveRF devices and moods.

Let’s say you have a mood called ‘Sitting Room mood All Off’ which turns off all the sitting room lights. You’d say “Alexa, turn on Sitting Room mood All Off”

Or you could do it with groups instead, which is how I do it -

Create a group in the Alexa app called Sitting Room, and add your 3 power sockets and your wall light to that group. Then just say “Alexa, turn on Sitting Room” or “Alexa, turn off Sitting Room” to turn all the devices in that group on or off at the same time.

…ideally i want to set the tv and the lights to come on all together but i think i am going to have to wait until lightwave integrates with yonomi or similar app.
    I tried IFTTT but it will only turn on one lamp so no good.
    Any help would be very helpful.

I use the Harmony Hub, in conjunction with their Alexa skill, to control various bits of my entertainment equipment at once. (“Alexa, tell harmony to turn on the TV”) https://support.myharmony.com/en-gb/companion
    but it doesn’t support LightwaveRF so I just issue another voice command to control the lights.

My Mazda CX-3 Blog: jtonline.info
      Home automation: 1 x LW930 Lightwave Link / 4 x LW400WH Dimmer / 1 x LW205 Wire-Free Switch / 4 x LW381 Basic On/Off Socket / 1 x LW830 In-line Relay 3000W / 1 x Echo / 2 x Echo Dot / 1 x Harmony Companion.
       Jules says:

Jules
      Participant

PS: The LW381 Basic On/Off plug-in sockets can’t be included in a mood, but they can be included in a group.

My Mazda CX-3 Blog: jtonline.info
        Home automation: 1 x LW930 Lightwave Link / 4 x LW400WH Dimmer / 1 x LW205 Wire-Free Switch / 4 x LW381 Basic On/Off Socket / 1 x LW830 In-line Relay 3000W / 1 x Echo / 2 x Echo Dot / 1 x Harmony Companion.
      Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.