MBS Home Automation VERY Competeative Prices – NEW EShop LIVE !!

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Future Products > MBS Home Automation… > Page 3

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Future Products MBS Home Automation VERY Competeative Prices – NEW EShop LIVE !!

This topic contains 43 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Father Mojapelo 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
     Mike says:

Mike
    Participant

So is it only Myself & Chris that have Completed Profiles ??

you guys are giving advice – which is greatly appreciated, but who are you ?? LoL

User ID’s are meaningless – not even your Real Names ….

It would just help when giving advise if you know the persons background …

Skiv is obviously Technical

adgb seems to have issues with linguistics and grammar

hussain looks like a monkey …

Cheers, Mike.
     djtomkins says:

djtomkins
    Participant

I’m afraid I’m with adgb. And I’d also observe you’ve missed the point of his email. He doesn’t want answers (like me he’s already decided he’d not buy from you in any situation) he’s offering constructive feedback. You thank him for his feedback, then to all of his points you defend your position and tell him why he’s wrong. I’ll +1 his opinion that your website is poor – but you’ve already established we’re wrong about that haven’t you?

You should ask someone you know and trust to give honest response to you to read your posts on here and tell you whether they’d do business with you based on your style of communication. I sometimes have trouble with my business communication and asking them to read my emails for me really helps.

I’m afraid you come across as someone who would be easy to do business with unless anything goes wrong – though having not purchased anything from you that is just my impression from your approach to communication with this board…which is kind of the point to ecommerce I’m afraid, and if you don’t then that’s what eBay’s for.

Please stay and become part of the community if you like – we welcome newbies and I for one have learnt and shared so much on here and would be keen to hear your experiences, ideas and prototypes. However, I’d reflect that we have had issues with other people always having the reason why you’re wrong and using the board to tell everyone they should buy their products. It’s a thread killer, and I’m afraid a business killer too. You would be better off leaving your web address in your sig, and being a community member, not seeing this as a way of pushing your site. That way, you’re much more likely to get people wanting to support your business and maybe buying things from you.

Two floors tooled up for light and power! Lighting circuits: 5 x 1 gang, 5 x 2 gang, 3 x 3 gang, 6 relay circuits, mainly LEDHut 5W LEDs (91!) but also outdoor SON lamps, LED kitchen lights, LED candle bulbs, halogen bulbs and a dimmable CFL, 5 mood controllers, two remote switches, 2 PIRs. Power: one remote socket, 9 plug in modules. Patiently waited for the heating modules for years, and am a little underwhelmed....flirting with evohome....and please don't tell me "there is a better way" and try to sel
     djtomkins says:

djtomkins
    Participant

And having seen your last post, I can’t wait to see what groundless personal feedback you give me.

Inspired by you, amazon has just announced they will start calling their customers playground names…..

Two floors tooled up for light and power! Lighting circuits: 5 x 1 gang, 5 x 2 gang, 3 x 3 gang, 6 relay circuits, mainly LEDHut 5W LEDs (91!) but also outdoor SON lamps, LED kitchen lights, LED candle bulbs, halogen bulbs and a dimmable CFL, 5 mood controllers, two remote switches, 2 PIRs. Power: one remote socket, 9 plug in modules. Patiently waited for the heating modules for years, and am a little underwhelmed....flirting with evohome....and please don't tell me "there is a better way" and try to sel
     Mike says:

Mike
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback.

Judging by the number of people saying the same thing – I must be wrong.

I am an IT Consultant and have never sold product.

After breaking my leg in 7 places I have been incapacitated and hence became dependent on these products, including Heating Control.

This developed into a Business with Local Blinds Companies (actually largest in South Wales), Local Heating Companies, Electricians and lately an Air Conditioning Company buying and using mainly Siemens / LightWaveRF Products sold by me.

This then developed into the EShop – maybe it’s not a good idea ??

I’m getting enough Local Interest with 3 or 4 Local Partners – why try competing with Large Online Companies ??

Chris would probably agree – IT People are not always the Best Business People.

Cheers, Mike.
     Mike says:

Mike
    Participant

adgb – only just read your post …

I did approach the site on Several Occasions 3 to 4 weeks before posting my EShop Details – I got NO Feedback …

I thought Nobody Used the Site – there was a Lull for 3 or 4 weeks with NO Posts ….. hence posting in Every Group …

I honestly thought the site was not used – I even tried contacting Chris Directly …

You have made up your mind not to buy – that’s your discretion …

I have had over 50 orders via the EShop and 15 to 20 on EBay ….

As I just said – maybe it’s not a good idea, it’s not my Bag ….

The .co.uk is a Mobile Only Website linked to Text Marketing System so is not really a Site as such …

The Text Marketing Company give you Full Tracability of Text – Delivery, Read, Open Link, which Links get opened … Really Good Stats …

I had so much interest on Here I decided to do the EShop … Obviously Not Perfect :-) )))

Cheers, Mike.
     Mike says:

Mike
    Participant

I will post info on the Hack – good idea …

There are 2 methods – one opens the 240v Plug Adaptor and one used an External Relay sat in a 240v Plug

Both give a Zero Volt Switch capable of turning most boilers or Air Con units on / off …

Thanks again for the Constructive Feedback :-)

Cheers, Mike.
     Mike says:

Mike
    Participant

FYIO – all item codes changed .. they were Siemens this morning & I was advised to change to MBS for SEO purposes ….

Nothing Sinister – just a Name ….

Thanks for the Advice :-)

Cheers, Mike.
     ScubyD says:

ScubyD
    Participant

ScubyD – please remove the Reference to my Home Address …

Or Chris – please EDIT

Sorry Mike, I have looked but my iPad doesn’t give me an edit button on these forums and I don’t have another computer to hand. However, given that 1) there are hundreds, if not thousands of streets with that name in the UK, and 2) it’s straight from the whois entry for your website, which anyone could find in a few seconds anyway, then I wouldn’t be overly concerned by it.

Although, thinking about it, and given the inherent lack of even basic security in Lightwave, its probably best that everyone who uses Lightwave remains entirely anonymous!

adgb says:

adgb
    Participant

Sorry Mike, I have looked but my iPad doesn’t give me an edit button on these forums and I don’t have another computer to hand.

- – - – -

Seems you can only edit your last post in any thread.
    Odd.

Mike says:

Mike
    Participant

adgb – no worries, no big deal :-)

I’m more worried about the Security of
    my LWRF setup now you mention it :-0

Cheers, Mike.
     Dave says:

Dave
    Participant

I have a question for you Mike.

Who broke your leg in 7 places?

-Dave

LWRF, RFXCom on RPi, Domoticz, Heatmiser, Micasaverde Vera Lite and AlertMe all running in harmony(ish).
     Mike says:

Mike
    Participant

LoL Dave:-)
    I’m not normally aggressive if it comes across like that …
    Frustrated stuck in a wheelchair for 3months – yes !!
    Ridiculous amounts of medication – yes !!
    Maybe this is coming across …
    Powder was the cause – it’s a Beast !!
    After 14 years I have still not tamed the Beast :-) ) lol
    Thanks for asking tho :-)

Cheers, Mike.
     Mike says:

Mike
    Participant

You’ve Won !!

To all the Negativity from JSJS / MegaMan and this Forum.

No Longer exists !!

ALL Stock sent back.

Not worth the hassle frankly – I make more money in 1 hour of IT work than I do in 10 orders of this stuff …

I will continue on the Forum in a Technical Capacity and help wherever possible.

Thanks to anyone who did support me.

Cheers, Mike.
     Father Mojapelo says:

Father Mojapelo
    Participant

Nobody has won anything. The negativity you have received is attributed to your poor business acumen.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ABOUT Mike

Worked in the Consumer Electonics Industry for over 25 years - primarily Sony, LG and Siemens. Been Self Employed 8 years as IT Consultant. As Hobby VERY interested in Home Automation. Been Itegrating Siemens Intruder, Access Control & CCTV with HA. I have Access Control disarming Intruder - switching Ligths on if dark, folowing various sequences depending on Who & time of day. If Alarm then Switch Security Lights ALL on, notify police and Text Me through GSM Module. LightWave has made all this possible at a Reasonable Cost. Also have "Away Function" which powers down all non essential kit & sets Alarm. Monitors Energy Meter to see if Bypassed Sockets. Kids Bedroom Shutoff at Pre-Determined Times. Text Me When Kids are Home Safe. Lots of Projects - now a Business !!!!

View all posts by