MBS Home Automation VERY Competeative Prices – NEW EShop LIVE !!

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Future Products > MBS Home Automation…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Future Products MBS Home Automation VERY Competeative Prices – NEW EShop LIVE !!

This topic contains 43 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Father Mojapelo 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
     Mike says:

Mike
    Participant

10 to 20% Cheaper than Maplin, Screwfix and Lightwaverf.co.uk !!

Thanks for Reading :-)

Cheers, Mike.
     adgb says:

adgb
    Participant

We heard you the first time, and second, and third, and …

skiv71 says:

skiv71
    Participant

I don’t see how a wifilink @ £89.99 is 10-20% cheaper than the maplin price of £79.99

developer of BMS Link (http://linode.bmslink.co.uk). A cloud based Home Automation platform for LightwaveRF, Z-Wave, RFXCOM.
     adgb says:

adgb
    Participant

Mike…

I appreciate that you’re trying to expand your business, but spamming this board with adverts, and being misleading about your pricing*, is not the way to do it.

Add your site to the “Price Comparison” section, and if you’re good we will buy from you.

e.g. compare your mood switch price to Lightwaverf.co.uk:
    MBS
    Lightwaverf.co.uk

eviltom says:

eviltom
    Participant

All looks very expensive and slightly scammy to me.
    Not even bothered to change the default text for your Ts&Cs, privacy policy etc.
    And the contact details page has not contact details….
    Please stop posting this.

Davey says:

Davey
    Participant

if Rodney and Delboy sold lightwave….

Chris says:

Chris
    Key Master

Mike,

Thanks for advising the community (several times) about your new online shop. The price comparison on this site is a curated list of proper retailers able to supply the demand. It will also not surprise you to learn that all of the companies listed have entered into an agreement with me to pay a small commission in return for sales generated as a result of their listing. While the exact financial details are commercial in confidence, I am open and transparent that this site is supported by advertising as I am sure you can guess by the presence of adverts on all of the forum pages.

I have had a look at your site and I agree that in some cases your prices are competitive. Unfortunately your site also appears to be a work in progress and as others have pointed out lacks a lot of the detail that we would expect to see in your terms and conditions etc so regrettably, at this time I am not able to add you to the price comparison site.

Please do continue to build your online business and contact me directly (chris@…) in a couple of months when your site is correctly configured and you are happy that you are able to meet the demand and able to offer accurate sale tracking and commission terms. In the mean time, please feel free to contribute to the community, build your reputation as a helpful and knowledgeable supplier of the product range and refrain from posting further links to your online store.

Regards
    Chris – Editor and community site owner

Chris Mills Founder and Editor - LightwaveRF Community http://cpmills.com/ http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk
     Mike says:

Mike
    Participant

Thanks Guys for the Support / Constructive Feedback.

I have posted previously asking for Help and got NO REPLIES.

I thought because of NO FEEDBACK when asked – nobody uses this Site !!

So I posted to ALL Discussions.

I don’t sell WiFi Links as JSJS / Megaman have increased the Price to Unacceptable Levels.

My PRICES ARE COMPETITIVE.

Yes my Site as only been running a week but it is LIVE and you can BUY.

Chris – I posted a month ago asking a simple question in the Forum Support and got no reply.

Scammy – don’t know what you mean – it is a Profesional EShop, would like to see you do better.

I am passionate about this product and we develop our own API’s / Software / Apps so quite Advanced.

We have integration with Access Control, Intruder and IP CCTV – WORKING NOW !!

We have Heating Control Working NOW, weeks before JSJS / LightWaveRF.

I re-post my Original Post :-

MBS Home Automation VERY Competitive Prices – NEW EShop now LIVE !!

10 to 20% Cheaper than Maplin, Screwfix and Lightwaverf.co.uk !!

ESHOP http://www.MBS-HomeAutomation.com

WebSite http://www.MBS-HomeAutomation.co.uk

Thanks for Reading :-)

Cheers, Mike.
     adgb says:

adgb
    Participant

Mike,

You do like using unnecessary CAPS, don’t you?

I think it would be helpful if you gave a little more detail to some of your claims above.
    e.g. – heating? As far as I know the products have not been released yet, so how do you have them working?
    There is no mention on your site of anything to do with new apps.
    and how can you have written a new API for LWRF? I don’t understand?

Regarding your site … I think what Tom and Davey were getting at above is that it looks a little amateur and basic (you’ve just pasted the LWRF brochure) and that your prices are actually no better than other places (see my example above). I know you said it is brand new, so hopefully you’ll improve it over time.

It’s great that more people are stocking LWRF, and that you’re building a business based on it. I wish you luck, and hope it goes really well for you. If you improve the site, and your prices are good – maybe I’ll buy something from you one day. At the moment, from your aggressive attitude and poor site, I don’t have any faith in purchasing from you.

Please don’t keep complaining about this forum – it’s just a small group of us who have LWRF installed, and some who hack at it in various ways. Chris seems like a decent guy, and I’m thankful he setup and runs this forum.
    It would have been great if you’d come on and said, “Hi guys, I’ve started a new business re-selling lightwave. Here’s the link. These are my plans for the future…”. But, sadly, you did not.

Mike says:

Mike
    Participant

Are you a linguistics expert or something ? Lol

I’m not complaining I’m making Valid Points.

We’ve had Our Own Heating Control working for weeks & JSJS are aware.

I could tell you how to make one yourself for £10.

Cheers, Mike.
     ScubyD says:

ScubyD
    Participant

Mike,

Perhaps a read of this page (http://www.out-law.com/page-431) would explain other people’s concerns about your website. I haven’t looked in detail, but you’re missing some basic and legally required information to be able to legitimately trade online in the UK. Address, company registration details, etc…? From my point of view as a potential customer, your site is simply too high a risk – if you don’t understand or care about the legal requirements simply to display some simple information on your site, how am I supposed to have any confidence that you would understand or care about the consumer rights that I should get if I bought something from you and had a problem?

Now personally, because I’ve seen your posts on here and (from 30 seconds on Google) have found where you live (46 Park Avenue; or at least you claim to), that does give me some confidence that you do at least intend to be a legitimate business. But that still doesn’t give me confidence that you understand the basic principles of business, which still leaves me worried that I would have to fight hard to enforce my rights if I had a problem. Just isn’t worth the risk – sorry.

So others have already said it, but please – have a read of the link above, have a think about how you meet those rules, think about the perception that people have when they see your site, and come back when you can answer some of these questions and you may get a more positive response.

David

Fred says:

Fred
    Participant

ScubyD thanks for advice..

I would really appreciate it if you removed my Home Address please

I have a Business Address and I have young children

The link is very useful – thanks

Only the Address is really missing

I must be Nieve – I never check this when buying …

If paying by PayPal or Credit Card you have lots of protection ..

I just look at Price – if it’s cheap I buy …

Chris has disabled my account so I reply as Fred :-) )) lol

Fred says:

Fred
    Participant

Massive Changes to the Site …

http://mbs-homeautomation.com/About-U

95% there I would say ???

77scooter says:

77scooter
    Participant

To be fair, this really is getting rather spammy now, seriously either just leave the forums or post something of relevance instead of the same old drivel…

77scooter says:

77scooter
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ABOUT Mike

Worked in the Consumer Electonics Industry for over 25 years - primarily Sony, LG and Siemens. Been Self Employed 8 years as IT Consultant. As Hobby VERY interested in Home Automation. Been Itegrating Siemens Intruder, Access Control & CCTV with HA. I have Access Control disarming Intruder - switching Ligths on if dark, folowing various sequences depending on Who & time of day. If Alarm then Switch Security Lights ALL on, notify police and Text Me through GSM Module. LightWave has made all this possible at a Reasonable Cost. Also have "Away Function" which powers down all non essential kit & sets Alarm. Monitors Energy Meter to see if Bypassed Sockets. Kids Bedroom Shutoff at Pre-Determined Times. Text Me When Kids are Home Safe. Lots of Projects - now a Business !!!!

View all posts by