Maximum number of timers at dusk?

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Maximum number of timers at dusk?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cornishrex 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     Cornishrex says:

Cornishrex
    Participant

Has anyone come across a maximum number of timers they can set up for any one time? I like most of my lights to come on at dusk. I have been having a hell of a problem getting a new one to also turn on at dusk. I tried all the possible fixes that’s have been discussed here. Finally, in desperation, I tried moving the time of the timer to half an hour later. It worked immediately, first night.

But I don’t want it to come on half an hour after dusk. I want it to come on at dusk. I am hypothesising that I have so many timers switching in at dusk, that by the time lightwaverf gets onto the last timer in my list, we are x minutes past dusk and so the timer no longer engages.

Would that be correct? Why can I not set my timer therefore to switch on 5 minutes after dusk. Why am I constrained to half hour increments? I don’t want to hard wire the timer – I what it to move with the setting sun.

I think I have 5 other lights sŵitching on at dusk.

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

Rather than separate timers for each light you can create an Event that contains On commands (max 10) for all the lights that you want to operate at dusk and then set that Event to trigger at dusk.

Cornishrex says:

Cornishrex
    Participant

Hmm. Never thought of that. Never use events. Thanks, I’ll try it

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.