Master Switch for All Off?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Grunthos 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
     lupe says:

lupe
    Participant

Hi folks,

I’ve setup Lightwave dimmers/sockets/in lines controlling lots of lighting around the house (combined with a Link). Currently I have an event at 2am to turn everything off or if we go to bed early i just use the IOS app to trigger my Goodnight event.

I’ve got a spare Mood Switch and various remotes etc. Is there any way to use them to trigger an event? I’d like to have a switch in the bedroom I can just hit once we’re heading to bed.

I think I can pair the Mood Switch with everything i want to switch off but that would be rather time consuming and a pain if i move any devices around.

Long term i’m going to get Domotiz setup for some more control options and integration with other stuff around the house.

Thanks!

Grunthos says:

Grunthos
    Participant

To trigger an event you have to contact your wifilink. The mood switch will not do this, it just sends out 433MHz signals that the lightwaverf recievers catch.

One cheap way to to do this would be to get an amazon dash button (essentialy free!) which you can then detect with, say, a raspberry pi zero w. This can then send the event request to the wifilink.

Just needs a bit of python code!

lupe says:

lupe
    Participant

Thank you very much for the Reply Grunthos.

I’d seen some hacking with the Dash buttons but never thought to apply it to Lightwave! Are they detectable with any Pi?

Are unbranded Dash buttons available or do you just get a regular one and “unpair” it from your amazon account?

lonebaggie says:

lonebaggie
    Participant

I use Domoticz on a PI model 3 along with HA-Bridge to control amazon Alexa and Dasher to detect Dash Buttons

https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge

https://github.com/maddox/dasher

I use Domoticz as the “glue” to control everything. I have written scripts to allow Domoticz to directly talk to the lightwaverf Wifi Link without the need to buy additional 433 radio controllers see :-

https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=16560

Using HA-Bridge I can get Alexa to control all the devices within Domoticz and get sub second response, so you could use an echo dot as master switch. simply say Alexa turn off House

Dasher is little program which can detect a dash button and send a HTTP request to something , in my a case a switch in Domoticz. THis in turn switches off the outside lights. The only issue with the Dash button is there is a 4 or 5 second lag as the dash button wakes up and connects to the Wifi but for a £5.00 must be best value out there. Just buy any Dash switch as long as don’t complete the setup it won’t buy anything . I have reserved the IP address of the Dash button and put a rule on the firewall to stop it getting access to the internet, just to make sure !

Using a PI on WIFI I have had issues with Dash button detection , much better with a wired link.

If you want any config or setup instructions let me know .

lupe says:

lupe
    Participant

Wow, thanks for all the great info – Especially the Domoticz to Wifi link stuff – I was a little put off by the price of the 433 Radios.

I’ve still working on some setups in the house but once i dig my spare Pis out i’m sure i’ll be back for help.

Grunthos says:

Grunthos
    Participant

N.B. If you’re on prime and you use the button once, you get the £5 discount off your purchase. You can then decommission the button and do the incomplete setup again so it doesn’t buy anymore…

(not that I’m a cheapskate :) )

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.