Master Slave dimmer – lights turn off after 1 second

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Master Slave dimmer…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Master Slave dimmer – lights turn off after 1 second

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tribpot 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
     tribpot says:

tribpot
    Participant

Hi all – first time poster, I have looked through the topics to see if I can see something similar but apologies if this is a duplicate.

I have the LightwaveRF 1 Gang White Dimmer and 1 Gang White Slave Unit Kit (model name on Amazon is JSJS SLAVEKIT) running 2 lights each with 4*Megaman 7W Dimmable GU10 LEDs. They’ve been installed for just over a year in the kitchen.

We have always had some issues with them not dimming very well, but recently the lights have started to turn off after only a few seconds. Initially resetting the fuse for the lighting circuit would get it to work for a day or two, but now nothing is helping. You press the on button, blue light comes on, the lights turn on, one second later the lights turn off and a couple of second after that the blue light on the switch turns off and the orange light comes on.

The other thing we have noticed recently (although again this work was done several months ago) is that if we switch off both of the living room lights at the same time, it will turn off the kitchen lights as well. So something isn’t right.

Before I get my electrician back in to investigate, is there anything else I can try in order to isolate what the problem is? I have disconnected the Lightwave link and the same thing happens.

Many thanks.

Grunthos says:

Grunthos
    Participant

Could be you’ve got the switch set to “locked”

If this is the case you “sort of” can’t use the switch, but it will turn on temporarily for safety reasons before returning to the “locked” state

tribpot says:

tribpot
    Participant

Hi there, I don’t think so – it doesn’t appear to be locked on the app, but the switch also appears not to be paired to the app any more. When I put it in pairing mode, the app will say that it has paired to it but the switch is clearly not paired as it doesn’t come out of pairing mode and doesn’t respond to any commands from the app.

Grunthos says:

Grunthos
    Participant

Is it paired with any other remote? If so, do you get the same symptoms when using the remote?

tribpot says:

tribpot
    Participant

Thanks for the thought. We haven’t used the remotes in years. They are somewhere in the house but are packed away in a box somewhere.

I think the fact that the switch won’t pair is probably significant in some way, but not sure how.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.