This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
     Dave says:

Dave
    Participant

Just walked into the Maplin store near work…they are now doing LightwaveRF and have a pretty full range. Was surprised as a month ago they had nothing but HomeEasy!

Checked online and it’s all there too.

LWRF, RFXCom on RPi, Domoticz, Heatmiser, Micasaverde Vera Lite and AlertMe all running in harmony(ish).
     Matt says:

Matt
    Participant

I spent a small fortune in the Monument store in London the other week, apparently I was the first person to buy LWRF stuff there :)

Lighting: LWRF LED strips, In-line dimmers, In-line relays and Plug-in modules, Inputs: Master mood switch, Magnetic door sensors, Handheld remote, Controller: Domoticz running on Raspberry Pi with RFXCom. Plus recently a stack of Z-Wave units!
     Dave says:

Dave
    Participant

I spent a small fortune in the Monument store in London the other week, apparently I was the first person to buy LWRF stuff there

Matt, that’s exactly where I was looking! I work in Cannon St. Nice to know there are other LWRF-ers around :-)

LWRF, RFXCom on RPi, Domoticz, Heatmiser, Micasaverde Vera Lite and AlertMe all running in harmony(ish).
     Schmores says:

Schmores
    Participant

Bought my first bits of kit from monument on Friday! Though I returned a wifi module unopened to the Camden store today as I’ve spent the whole weekend reading this forum. :)

Dave says:

Dave
    Participant

Bought my first bits of kit from monument on Friday! Though I returned a wifi module unopened to the Camden store today as I’ve spent the whole weekend reading this forum.

Schmores, what are you using instead of the Wifi-Link?

Rob says:

Rob
    Participant

This forum shouldn’t put you off the wifi link. As a plug and play it’s ideal – and it works. (Unless you have a BT HH4 apparently!)

The other common solution is using a RFXcom and something suitable to drive it. Given that it’s £78 on it’s own, it is a more expensive solution and then you’ll need something to control it eg, Raspberrypi or Pc…….

Lightwave switches, sockets, PIRs, contact sensors, LED strips & relays. Running on RaspberryPi with Domoticz to incorporate RF temperature sensors & IP cams. Still running WiFi link alongside!
     Matt says:

Matt
    Participant

I think the Wifi link is absolutely fine for what it’s intended to do. I had mine installed and configured in less than 10 mins.

I hope the Maplin staff get some decent sales training on LWRF, at the moment the in-store assistance was limited to reading what it said on the box :)

Lighting: LWRF LED strips, In-line dimmers, In-line relays and Plug-in modules, Inputs: Master mood switch, Magnetic door sensors, Handheld remote, Controller: Domoticz running on Raspberry Pi with RFXCom. Plus recently a stack of Z-Wave units!
     Dave says:

Dave
    Participant

Oh I think I’m being misunderstood. Schmores said ‘Though I returned a wifi module unopened to the Camden store today as I’ve spent the whole weekend reading this forum.’

I was just curious as to what he was doing as an alternative or was he just using direct remotes ?

I personally love my Wifi link, especially as it is doing energy monitoring for me too :-)

Boa Prinz says:

Boa Prinz
    Participant

Way Hay, I work just around the corner and swing buy that store regularly to see if they get more kit in, having cleared them out recently. Still waiting for stock replenish soon.

Thx, Roy

Matt wrote:
    I spent a small fortune in the Monument store in London the other week, apparently I was the first person to buy LWRF stuff there

Matt, that’s exactly where I was looking! I work in Cannon St. Nice to know there are other LWRF-ers around

Boa Prinz says:

Boa Prinz
    Participant

I think the Wifi link is absolutely fine for what it’s intended to do. I had mine installed and configured in less than 10 mins.

I hope the Maplin staff get some decent sales training on LWRF, at the moment the in-store assistance was limited to reading what it said on the box

The Maplin staff need training on not bugging customers. Every time I go into the Monument store the manager is standing at the door asking me if he can help me and every time I say no. Then, as I walk around the store every member of staff bugs me in the same way. Arghhhh

Boa Prinz says:

Boa Prinz
    Participant

Anyone know of another Maplin store near Monument that stocks LWRF kit?

Matt says:

Matt
    Participant

Camden comes up on the Maplin stock checker as the nearest store with kit in stock.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.