LW420 ‘master’ switch.

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > LW420 ‘master’ swit…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  m0bnd 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     m0bnd says:

m0bnd
    Participant

I have lighting circuit that just isn’t working.
    I’ve installed 2 x LW452C switches to the lighting circuit, I think that this is the issue.
    Can anyone advise if one of these switches needs to be an LW420, and is this suitable for two way switching?

TIA.
    Andy.

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

With Gen 1 then you need a master dimmer to control the lamp circuit and then slave dimmers may be added which can then instruct the master to control the lamp. So you must have 1 master per circuit.

The 452 is a dual gang slave so will not work on its own. You need something like the LW420 dual gang master which combined with a LW452 would then allow you to have 2 2way circuits.

m0bnd says:

m0bnd
    Participant

With Gen 1 then you need a master dimmer to control the lamp circuit and then slave dimmers may be added which can then instruct the master to control the lamp. So you must have 1 master per circuit.

The 452 is a dual gang slave so will not work on its own. You need something like the LW420 dual gang master which combined with a LW452 would then allow you to have 2 2way circuits.

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve done a bit of digging and, yes the LW420 is a suitable switch to replace one of the slaves.
    I have the newer ‘connect’ with an L2 hub.
    Next thing is to get the individual switches on to my Apple Home app……

Cheers again.
    Andy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.