Lock Dimmer off

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jules 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
     adambarnett52 says:

adambarnett52
    Participant

Hi All

I have installed some of the dimmer switches ( single gang) and they are working fine, there is one that i would like to lock off so you cannot use the switch itself to turn if on.
    i tired using the app and choosing lock or full lock but both don’t seem to have the desired effect

Thanks
    Adam

Jules says:

Jules
    Participant

Hi Adam,

You can’t lock a dimmer switch so that it doesn’t come on, it’s designed that way so that in an emergency (e.g. fire) you can always turn the light on by it’s physical wall switch.

If you lock the switch off or full lock it, it will come on for a short period when you press the on button, but it will then turn itself off. That cycle will happen every time you press the on button until you unlock it, and then it will behave as a normal again.

My Mazda CX-3 Blog: jtonline.info
      Home automation: 1 x JSJSLW930 Lightwave Link / 4 x LW400WH Dimmer Switch / 1 x LW205 Wire-Free Switch / 3 x LW381 Basic On/Off Socket / 2 x Echo Dot / 1 x Harmony Companion.
    Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.