link time can only be updated if link is in the same local network ?? WTF – i am

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > link time can only…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting link time can only be updated if link is in the same local network ?? WTF – i am

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  btidey 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
     xavkemp says:

xavkemp
    Participant

Hi – can anyone shed any light on this. Im guessing that I’m missing something very obvious.

In the app i can’t update the time – it just says “link time can only be updated if link is in the same local network” but the thing is that i am in the same network.

So all my timers happen at the wrong time or not at all. Sometimes it show a time which is about 2 and bit hours off, sometime it shows nothing….

Any suggestions please ??

thanks
    Xav

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

Normally the link should be getting its time automatically from the lightwaverf servers. If you have an old link with the display this shows up on its panel. Annoyingly the newer links don’t have this display.

Are you sure your link is connecting to the servers OK? You can test this by issuing commands from the app when it is not connected to local wifi. If they work then they are going over the cloud, through the servers and back to the link. You can also check by logging on to the manager.lightwaverf.com and check status there.

The status of a link without a display can be checked by using its UDP API. Details are at https://api.lightwaverf.com/. You would need a tool to send the UDP commands and get a response.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.