Link Plus and Scenes

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  btidey 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
     jimmyjudas says:

jimmyjudas
    Participant

Hi,

My electrician seems to have provided me with a Link Plus for my Connect/Gen1 series 4-gang dimmer and mood controller, which is obviously not quite right. I can connect my dimmer to the Link Plus and the Link Plus app, but I just want to check before I send the Link Plus back that:

- You can’t connect a Gen1 mood controller/scene selector to the Link Plus app
    - You can’t set up dimmed moods for Gen1 dimmers through the Link Plus app. When I try to add a “Do” automation, I only seem to be able to control on/off rather than the level.

Thanks for the help!

coxy says:

coxy
    Participant

The master mood switches have never connected to any of the link boxes, they always talk directly to the switch.
    I had never set moods through the app so gave it a go and was able to add a mood automation on my lounge lights for 40% brightness which i then added as a favourite so it appeared on the front page of the app

LightwaveRF for electrics, Harmony Home for gadgets, Nest for heating, and now toying with IFTTT
     jimmyjudas says:

jimmyjudas
    Participant

Hi Coxy. Was this using a Link or Link Plus? And what generation dimmer?

coxy says:

coxy
    Participant

This was using a Link Plus

LightwaveRF for electrics, Harmony Home for gadgets, Nest for heating, and now toying with IFTTT
     h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

I really dont see that link-plus supports gen1 moods.
    You can set an action such as “on & 40%”, using the automations, but i can’t find any mood support?

jimmyjudas says:

jimmyjudas
    Participant

h3mp, I can’t even see how to set an “on at 40%” action. How did you do that?

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

you set two actions without a delay between them
    action1: set brightness to 40%
    action2: set switch to on:

jimmyjudas says:

jimmyjudas
    Participant

I don’t seem to get a brightness option though. In the screenshot I only get Switch or Lock as options.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

I get a choice of switch lock and brightness,
    I had set it up as a LW400 dimmer?

jimmyjudas says:

jimmyjudas
    Participant

That’s strange. Mine is also set up as a LW400 dimmer and I can adjust the brightness on that switch’s screen (see attachment), but I just don’t get the option when going through Automation > Do > Add action.

Attachments:
     h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

I’m running v1.9.7 of the app on an iPhone, is yours up to date? is it an android bug? i’ve attached a screenshot of the options i get..

Attachments:
     jimmyjudas says:

jimmyjudas
    Participant

It’s a bug! *Facepalm* If you change your tile size to Large in the settings then you only see Switch and Lock. If you change it to Regular then you also see Brightness. Thanks so much for your help – I actually reinstalled the app after your comment, which reset the tile size to Regular and made me realise what was happening!

So I can now set up moods via Automation > Do! As the mood controller doesn’t connect to the Link (Plus), what’s the right way for setting up moods that can be triggered on both the phone and the mood controller? I’m thinking set one up on the phone first, then activate it, then hold down the relevant button on the mood controller – that button will then trigger the same settings in the dimmer as the app automation button. Seems to work for me, unless I’m making it overly complicated?

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

moods can only be received by Gen1 devices (gen1 dimmers, gen1 sockets etc)
    moods can only be sent from Gen1 remote controls (gen1 handheld remote, gen1 wall-mount mood switch, gen1 link and app)

being you have the new link, then you can’t send out any moods to your gen1 dimmers.
    but you can happily set up moods in the dimmers which will be sent via your gen1 mood controller

jimmyjudas says:

jimmyjudas
    Participant

I can set up “moods” through the app using Automation > Do. They’re just not called “moods”

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

I can set up “moods” through the app using Automation > Do. They’re just not called “moods”

What are they called then? How would you initiate mood 2 for example then?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.