Link Plus and generation1 dimmer issues with Amazon Echo

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Link Plus and gener…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Link Plus and generation1 dimmer issues with Amazon Echo

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sadpup 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     sadpup says:

sadpup
    Participant

HI i have paired a new link plus with two generation 1 dimmers. If i turn on a dimmer manually and then ask amazon echo to turn that dimmer off i get the OK response but the lights stay on. To get it to turn off i have to ask Echo to turn the lights on first and then off and it works ok. Should the off command not override that the link plus already think the light are off and send the off command again? anyone else experienced this?

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

yes – and I’ve reported it to lightwave, they say they are aware of it and are working on it..

You will find the link-plus app itself has the same bug too
    - unlike the old link/app where each device has an “On” and an “Off” button, with link-plus there is just one button, and the link-plus “remembers” the state
    - but this is impossible as the comms are one way, so the second you manually use a switch, the link-plus is now out of sync with the switch state…

..so fundamentally gen1 products on the link-plus are flawed by design!

sadpup says:

sadpup
    Participant

Thanks for letting me know, hope they sort this out soon as it’s annoying to say the least

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.