Link Plus and Generation 2

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Link Plus and Gener…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  pony1982 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
     Neil Eccles says:

Neil Eccles
    Participant

What a tussle I have had so far trying to get my new Gen 2 dimmers and Link Plus going. Every time I call Lightwaverf, they are very nice but dont give accurate answers. I’m someone who would like to know what is going on and roughly how it works.

Does anyone know the full meaning of the lights?
    Flashing blue, solid amber, solid green etc, etc

It seems that solid green means it is connected to the internet and logged in.

Having reset my password, I now can’t pair my test dimmer. How do I reset that?

Any help most gratefully received.

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

The manual says:
    Steady green: Status normal
    Flashing green: Transmitting
    Flashing green / amber: Linking mode
    Steady red: Cannot contact server
    Flashing red: Cable / router problem

no blue!? no amber!?

Bedford says:

Bedford
    Participant

Gen 2

The Link Plus does have a “Blue” albeit flashing – this is when one does a factory reset/or default reset.
    Hold the button down and switch on the power – you should seen the flashing “Blue”.
    To complete the reset, when the blue changes colour (I am told) release button and press down once quickly!

Bedford says:

Bedford
    Participant

Gen 2 (Apple iOS App)

There are just three products (which are two-way) from the Gen 1 product list, that should function with the Gen 2 “App” / Homekit system.

1) Thermostat LW921
    2) TRV LW922
    3) Electric Switch LW934

I have read on this website people have managed to pair the TRV’s with the Gen 2 App, but has anyone managed to pair the Thermostat, or the Electrical Switch?

As at 26th Oct 2017 – I have been doing a factory reset on the Link Plus, clearing any pairing in the “Thermostat” and the “Electrical Switch”. But still neither will pair with the Gen 2 App! However, I have no problem pairing with the Gen 1 App.

Anyone managed to pair either the LW921, or LW934 with the Gen 2 App?

Bedford says:

Bedford
    Participant

Gen 2 (Apple iOS App)

There are just three products (which are two-way) from the Gen 1 product list, that should function with the Gen 2 “App” / Homekit system.

1) Thermostat LW921
    2) TRV LW922
    3) Electric Switch LW934

I have read on this website people have managed to pair the TRV’s with the Gen 2 App, but has anyone managed to pair the Thermostat, or the Electrical Switch?

As at 26th Oct 2017 – I have been doing a factory reset on the Link Plus, clearing any pairing in the “Thermostat” and the “Electrical Switch”. But still neither will pair with the Gen 2 App! However, I have no problem pairing with the Gen 1 App.

Anyone managed to pair either the LW921, or LW934 with the Gen 2 App?

PS I am running two hubs, Gen 1 and Gen 2 (not used fully) and have separate ID’s for each hub. The object is to try and migrate the LW921, LW922 & L934 to the Gen 2 hub.

Bedford says:

Bedford
    Participant

Regarding the pairing of the three Gen 1 units to a Gen 2
    Link Plus hub.

The pairing was successfully completed, with the arrival of a new
    hub. The delivery of the first hub was via a postman who
    drop the jiffy bag containing the hub, over a 7ft back garden
    gate – not sure if this was the cause of the problem!

pony1982 says:

pony1982
    Participant

I’m not sure it was the postman. I’ve been on with Lightwave Support since Nov 1 and have not been able to get issues with the hub resolved. Maybe there have been a faulty batch?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.