Lightwaverf is not wifi…

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Lightwaverf is not…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jamieburchell 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
     a_beast33 says:

a_beast33
    Participant

as the title says it cannot be wifi cos if it was u wouldn’t need the box to connect to the internet router and signal boosters dotted around the house.

If this product was true wifi then the plug socket for example would connect to the internet router and the control device (iPhone) which is connected to the Internet router should work.
    But no!! u need to buy a link box costing £90 approx with the worst distance I’ve ever seen making you have to buy booster boxes £20 ish.

It would of made more sense for the plug to connect to the Internet router which your iPhone has ample of distance.
    Waste of money and wasted concept……

Grunthos says:

Grunthos
    Participant

Nuts are not apples

as the title says it cannot be apples cos if it was u wouldn’t need the nutcracker to open the case and waste baskets dotted around the house.
    If this product was true apple then the brazil-nut for example would have an edible skin the opening device (teeth) which is connected to the mouth should work.
    But no!! u need to buy a nutcracker costing £10 approx making the worst mess I’ve ever seen making you have to buy spare wastebaskets for the debris at £5 ish.

It would of made more sense for the nut to have a thin skin which you could eat anywhere..

Waste of money and wasted concept……

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

I see no problems with how LWRF have approached this. The same manner as many other providers of wireless controls around the house. Perhaps the time has come for a common standard so one box does for say Evohome, SmartThings, LWRF, Hue etc. As for coverage my LWRF is fine. I have no problems with its coverage. I live in a 4 bedroom detached house with a detached garage. It covers the garage no problem. I do not have and have not needed any extenders and I can operate it down the garden.

Grunthos says:

Grunthos
    Participant

All joking aside, if a wifi based solution is required, there are any other number of products on the market that will do this, at a price. Personally, I find only having only one device appearing on the network an elegant solution.
    Also the HUGE advantage of the lightwaverf system is the RF part. Being able to Retro Fit existing wall fitted light switches and sockets is pretty much the killer feature for me.

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

a disadvantage of wifi products is when wifi is not working you cannot control them

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
     jamieburchell says:

jamieburchell
    Participant

I always wondered why the Lightwave WifiLink was named that when it has nothing to do with Wifi. I think they changed it now. It was written in the manuals too I remember it being confusing. Apart from that, I don’t know why the OP started this thread really? It’s not a Wifi product and doesn’t claim to be?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.