lightwaverf for 4 stories building

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting lightwaverf for 4 stories building

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Node Zero 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
     Amarillo says:

Amarillo
    Participant

Hi All,

I’m in UK, and the house is a 4 stories house, so it has Ground floor, 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

So I’m just wondering if lightwaveRF hub will be able to communicate okay to all light switches/ sockets if hub is put somewhere on 1st floor?
    Thanks

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

This will be totally dependent on the building materials used in your house, foiled backed plasterboard, thick stone walls and underfloor heating etc can present problems. The communication between your phone/tablet and the hub is by wi-fi, so if your wi-fi router is on the 1st floor near where you propose to site the hub you should be ok in that respect. Then the corresponding signal between the hub and your actual LW devices is RF 433mhz. You could verify this initially with a hand held remote and socket set containing fresh batteries before investing in the hub.
    HTH

Amarillo says:

Amarillo
    Participant

Thanks.

okay, so ground floor will have underfloor heating. ( concrete slab)
    phone socket is introduce right by the front door, but I am planning to pull RJ45 all the way up to 1st floor (my study)
    There I am planning to put the router and the hub.
    As for the lightwaverf switches, I’m planning to put some on ground floor and some on 3rd floor (top floor)
    House is a small terrace house, so dimension wise I think we’re looking at 10m X 4.5m, so it’s not big at all.
    Don’t think there’s any solid or brick walls in between rooms, the only solid walls are the party walls I believe.

When you mentioned the hand held remote, which model number you’re referring to? I’ve not heard of lightwaverf switch with remote setup

thank you.

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

There are lots of remotes you can buy, the hand held variety JSJSLW100WH comes with the plugin socket kit, (they’re available separately too I think) and it can be paired with a dimmer along with the other remotes; eg stick on wall switch/ PIR/ magnetic door switch etc.
    Sounds like the signal will be fine from your description of the house.

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

Yes. Normally transmission through normal ceilings is better than through walls.

Also the link unit tends to be better than remotes in reach. It repeats the signal more times to improve its chances of being received and it may be using higher power.

Amarillo says:

Amarillo
    Participant

Thanks All.

Does anyone know the maximum range based on their white paper?

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

From memory I think I’ve seen the figure of 100 meters but I guess that measurement would have been taken in an obstacle free environment.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.