LightwaveRF double socket won't hold "pair" ??

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > LightwaveRF double…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting LightwaveRF double socket won't hold "pair" ??

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Johnny T 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
     Johnny T says:

Johnny T
    Participant

Hi all,
    I have a lightwaveRF double socket that doesn’t seem to hold it’s “pair”.

Sometimes it won’t pair at all. Other times one side (socket) pairs and allows me to turn it on/off and it’s working. I then pair the other side and it doesn’t pair. Go back and try the first side and it’s no longer working either?!?!!

Any ideas what’s going on?

I’ve reset the sockets by pressing until it goes into pair – pressing and holding again for rapid flash – press once after that to delete all settings.

I’ve also put the socket to pair and pressed “all off” on my mobile app (which I’d read also clears the memory?!?!).

I’ve also tried pairing from the PC via the lightwaverf online manager but that doesn’t seem to work at all????

Any other ideas??

Thanks for any advice or help you can give me.

:)

SlowJoe says:

SlowJoe
    Participant

I have had trouble with a socket and have put it down to a possible dead spot on the wi-fi coverage, a small change in the position of the router improved things.

Johnny T says:

Johnny T
    Participant

SlowJoe

I think you may be absolutely correct!

I got in touch with Lightwave support and they said that it sounds like the socket is goosed. So I ordered a new one which arrived last night. I fitted it and the first socket paired first time but the second one struggled (but did eventually pair).

I’ve been having WiFi problems with my router (which I’ve just agreed with Amazon to send back) so I’m now thinking that this whole thing has been a WiFi issue which is extremely annoying to say the least!!

Very well deduced though sir! I’ve ordered the Google WiFi which is a “mesh” system comprising of 3 WiFi nodes and I’m hoping this sorts the issues out.

Thanks again :)

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

on the subject of mesh systems.. i’m using “BT Whole Home” which is 3 Access points for £199 currently – they are designed to use a built in wireless back-haul between them but as I’ve already got wires around the house i’m using them all wired to the network – it works floorlessly, every inch of house and garden has WiFi now, as you move around the house the intelligence is in the access points to shove you from one to the other – so far I can highly recommend it..

Johnny T says:

Johnny T
    Participant

That’s good to know h3mp. I’m hoping for a similar performance from the Google WiFi kit. I got 3 nodes for £242 delivered (although they’re not here yet) which was a good price compared to a lot of retailers.

FIngers crossed they work as well as yours :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.