Lightwaverf Door Bells

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Lee 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
     Shockwave says:

Shockwave
    Participant

Does anyone have any experience with door bells? looking at the lw6007 mp3 one in particular. Do you know if you can pair a couple of receivers (chime units) with one switch?

wanye says:

wanye
    Participant

ive been wondering the same… i bought a LWRF doorbell recently (the one with the oldskool metal bell), and wanted another push button so i could have one bell in the centre of the house ringing for both front and back doors. not found any info as yet, and doesnt look like the buttons are available separately, and i’m not forking out the full cost of another button/bell unit on the offchance it will work…. so until someone else confirms it, i’ll be sticking with the current wired doorbell on the back door.

theres no obvious pairing buttons anywhere, so i cant work out how to do it, and the manual/online documentation for it is useless.

having it flash inside house lights would be nice too. or even better, have it send a notification via the wifi link to my phone. but nobody else seems to know. or if they do, theyve not documented the process anywhere i’ve found :(

*edit*
    heres my post asking about it from september – http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk/forums/topic/lwrf-doorbells-additional-buttons/

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

I am not sure about having two devices linked, but ref having lights flash, I have done this with the standard doorbell not the mp3 one, when the bell is pushed it switches my living and conservatory lights on with 2 flashes whilst the doorbell reciever rings in the kitchen that way if in the garden can see the conservatory lights flash, so know somebody is at the front door.
    Its all to do with how the dipswitches are set http://www.vesternet.com/downloads/dl/file/id/700/product/1332/lightwaverf_wireless_4_metal_bell_black_manual.pdf

hope that helps

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
     marktay says:

marktay
    Participant

I have the plug in wireless door chime unit – but the range of the bell push was not enough to find the chime unit in my house (the gate with the bell push is 90 ft from the house). However it can be picked up by the 433 transceiver I have connected to my Vera Edge. So when somebody presses the bell push, Vera announces it over my Sonos and sends an alert (with picture from a cheap Foscam IP camera) to my mobile via Pushbullet.

I appreciate that this is not an ideal solution but may be helpful if you have some sort of HA controller.

Soler says:

Soler
    Participant

It does have a code / pair button on the back of my battery wireless door chime, I do believe that it needed to be paired but I cannot remember and have lost the instructions. If i find more information I will post it.

Looking at what it is transmitted from the push button it is different to a standard LW remote emitter, It seams to first send a long code that I presume is either the code for the audio file (not the MP3 version) and then shortly after it repeats the standard lightwave protocol 32 times, I will look in to the LW data send as I believe that unlocks they way it will flash a light and return it to its original state regardless of wether it was on or off before.

Soler says:

Soler
    Participant

Found the manual, yes it can learn unto 4 bell push buttons to one bell ringer

http://www.vesternet.com/downloads/dl/file/id/700/product/1332/lightwaverf_wireless_4_metal_bell_black_manual.pdf

Soler says:

Soler
    Participant

Found this door bell push thats is exactly the same as the light wave one, externally anyway. If it has dip switches inside it will probably work :-)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Siemens-Wirefree-Chrome-Wireless-Doorbells/dp/B00DDXG5U0/ref=pd_sim_60_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=51Jqa0ewdWL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR116%2C160_&refRID=060AQDV7PMXEND7X4JZ4

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

I think that bell push is for a Siemens JSJS-215 which is an earlier unit and I suspect not compatible with the later lw6007.

I may be wrong but it looks to me like the earlier one is fairly dumb and is not using the later standard lightwaverf protocol

Soler says:

Soler
    Participant

The outside looks identical to the lightwave one. Actually the lightwave part first sends a Siemens code that talks to the ringer then it sends a lightwave code. The dip switches are used for specifying the Lightwave action and have no impact on the ringer signal. There fore it these are in place I presume that this will work with Lightwave.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

Scroll down the page to read the latest Amazon customer review.

adam123 says:

adam123
    Participant

Little thread hijack here but looking on that manual you are able to set the dip switches to flash the lights. How would this work as we don’t know the current state of the switch?

Soler says:

Soler
    Participant

When you want to flash the lights is sends a different command to the normal on / off commands, the light unit then manages the flash depending on what state it is in.

I hope this clears it up.

adam123 says:

adam123
    Participant

Hi Soler,

That’s great thank you. This being the case whatever equipment evaluates whether the switch is on or off can we not capture that elsewhere to gain knowl edge of switch states?

Soler says:

Soler
    Participant

It is only the switch it self that evaluates the state and this is not transmitted so there is no way to know the switch state easily.

Lee says:

Lee
    Participant

Annoyingly, most of these answers have not read the original question. I Think this thread should be deleted as it’s not helpful.

The OP has asked if several chime units can be paired to one button push (not the other way around). I’m trying to find the answer to this too, as I want to have several chime units linked up to just one doorbell push (for obvious reasons).

Can anyone answer this who’s already tried?

Are you looking for a local, low-cost web designer or graphic designer? Need to find a cheap and family run solution to host your website or email? https://www.leecollings.co
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.