Lightwaverf dimmers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  markk 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     hy says:

hy
    Participant

Hi,

I’m interested in the lightwaverf dimmers but concerned on the comptiablity of these for our lighting fixture setup.
    In the family room we have a single switch which appear to be wired directly to 2 lighting fixtures on the same circuit. The fixtures have 10 G9 bulbs with a max wattage of 40w per bulb. So a max of 400w per fixture but currently we only have 28w g9 bulbs installed on these 2 fixtures.

I’m not very knowledgable in electrical wiring etc and require some advise on the comptiablity of the lightwaverf products.
    I’m concerned my light fixture setup will not be comptiablity to the lightwaverf dimmers in terms of the load?
    Can anyone advise? Or perhaps suggest alternatives..

Many thanks,
    Hung

hy says:

hy
    Participant

Anyone??

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

400 watt seems a lot. Am assuming you have halogen G9s at present and they burn awfully hot. If you used led bulbs then your wattage comes right down for the equivalent, making it cheaper to run and longer lasting. You need to get LEDs that are compatible with the LWRF switch – see the Megaman site for they do a table giving compatibility details. One 3watt led could give you the same light as one 40watt halogen. What I am not sure about is the compatibility of G9s with LWRF.

markk says:

markk
    Participant

I’m not sure if this is going to be much help to you because I have the older 200 series LRWF dimmers. However, I have a triple dimmer working with the megaman 3w dimmable G9 lamps. Because of the low load, however, I have had to put a normal G9 lamp on to each gang for them to behave. So, on each dimmer I have 5 LEDs and one normal. They all look the same when on full brightness but you can tell the difference when they are dimmed. Not a problem for me though. I either have them on or off?

Running RFXCom with Domoticz on raspberry pi3. LWRF dimmer switches, PIRs and plug sockets. Some Homeeasy switches, harmony hub controlling AV and air con. Geofencing with Pilot app. Tado for heating and cooling.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.