LightwaveRF Connect Setup Manager

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > LightwaveRF Connect…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting LightwaveRF Connect Setup Manager

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  marcoscu 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
     marcoscu says:

marcoscu
    Participant

As a new user I am still in the setting up stage and all has gone fine – I can control my 3 promo sockets fine from both the supplied handset and with my iPhone in local and remote modes – however I am having problems controlling the devices across the internet with my web browser (Firefox).

I have gone to the LightwaveRF Connect Setup Manager, opened an account and configured the device settings exactly as I did on the iPhone. However, when I attempt to turn a device off or on I get a a pop-up message box saying a code has been sent to the unit and a receipt code received back… this is always a number and each new command receives back a code one number higher than the one before.
    However, the device does not turn on. It does not work for any of my three units.

I can upload backup data from the iphone to the server with no sign of error.

Why can’t I control my units from the web browser? I must be doing something wrong!

marcoscu says:

marcoscu
    Participant

It seems I was in error when I said I could connect remotely from the iPhone app. I can’t. It looks like my router may be blocking traffic to the Wifi Link.

marcoscu says:

marcoscu
    Participant

I have just tried to setup the Internet Control link from the iPhone app, I thought I had already done this but perhaps not.
    Anyway, I input the final three numeric pairs of the Wifi Link MAC address into the app and attempted to send them to the Wifi Link but… nothing happened and after a while the Wifi Link display reverted to the date and time. Sometimes an error message would appear on the iPhone app screen saying: ‘Houston, we have a problem, the server says (BLANK).’

Can anyone suggest what is going on?

AlexS says:

AlexS
    Participant

Hi

Hmm….. not sure of hand – if you give us a call monday (0121 588 3625) if you like we’ll sort you out.

marcoscu says:

marcoscu
    Participant

I’ll do that. Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.