LightwaveRF compatible RF Relay modules

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > LightwaveRF Hackers > LightwaveRF compati… > Page 2

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums LightwaveRF Hackers LightwaveRF compatible RF Relay modules

This topic contains 28 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  mattmcquiff 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
     Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

@Holdestmade you mention above that they can be configured to provide momentary switching, how is this done?
    Thanks.

jemhayward says:

jemhayward
    Participant

I’ve now got one of these (well, three actually!)… I’ve held the button down and paired it with a JSJSLW106 remote and it works. However, I’m only able to get the relay to operate momentarily, and can’t find out how to program the other relay modes. It also seems to react to any button on that remote, not just the one I paired it with, so I suspect that the protocol its using is quite simplistic, which could cause some issues!

Does anyone have any instructions as to how to set the relay mode?

jemhayward says:

jemhayward
    Participant

I got this from my good friend Lucy at Delight Elec in China, but I’m still getting nowhere – am I being stupid?

Hi,
    Thanks for telling us the good news.
    Sorry but the factory has no manual. Are you familiar with these? Can you install the relay firstly? There is button on the relay, which you can press to pair to the remote control. signal/interlocking: Press one button is working ,press another button is stop ( one channel switch( receiver )need 2 buttons remote control (transmitter) —Press the learning button 2 time

Momentary-signal momentary/Jog/Non-Latched: Press and hold button->ON, Release->OFF (one channel switch (receiver) need one buttons remote control (transmitter )) –Press the learning button 1 time

Toggle-signallf-locking/Self-Latched: press one button for one time is working .press the same button again is stop ((one channel switch(receiver) need one buttons remote control (transmitter)) —Press the learning button 3 times

Wish it helps you.

jemhayward says:

jemhayward
    Participant

I think I’ve got somewhere with these at least. I looked up the PCB code on the internet and found this page:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/AK-RK02S-12-DL-Learning-code-2-way-switches-RF-remote-control-switch-Momentary-Toggle-Latched/507574_32225182386.html

It shows that to change the behaviour you need to make a soldered connection on the board. I could get any sense out of latched operation, but it works fine in toggled mode and you can get it to recognise an off switch, so on – on will do the same as on – off but at least it works. Now I need to find a job for them!

mattmcquiff says:

mattmcquiff
    Participant
     btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

I did get one. Works OK. More convenient for me to have the powering derived from mains input meaning that no separate 12V needed.

The enclosure is a bit on the tight side from the point of viewing of bringing the connections in. As supplied it had a small hole in the outer enclosure near the relay contact connectors and these were close to the outer shell making it a bit tricky to lead the wires in. There is no corresponding hole near the mains power input connector. But it is just a plastic shell so easy to adapt.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     mattmcquiff says:

mattmcquiff
    Participant

@btidey I’ve got one of these now but I think I may be getting the wrong end of the stick. Did you get this working directly with your lightwaverf remote or link box? As o can only get it to pair with the supplied remote. Do I need to do something so that it receives the 433mhz signal? Many thanks matt

mattmcquiff says:

mattmcquiff
    Participant

Just bumping this up. Could be useful if this could work

mattmcquiff says:

mattmcquiff
    Participant

This is the one I’d seen

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC220V-315-433MHz-1-Channel-RF-Wireless-Remote-Control-Receiver-Relay-Module-/191461144161?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item2c93f93661

The other one says out of stock. It is however 2 channel and has a remote. The contacts are just a make to give 240V out whereas this one is contact free changeover.

———————————————————————————————————————————
    Hi @btidey I didn’t realise that the one I bought was completely the wrong one. Anyway I know have the same one, but I am having problems trying to pair with the remote.

It seams that if I press and hold the blue light comes on and blinks fast hold for longer and then blinks slower.
    In the fast blink mode, when I press a button on my LW remote it turns to solid blue. It then remains blue. I can’t get anything else to happen after that.

I did get the Manual albeit in Chinese, translated via google, It reads.

“After pressing the learning key , the red light blinking into the learning state , press any key on the remote control transmitter signal , the indicator flashes twice to OFF means success in learning .”

This is different to what I get.

Also looking on the underside of the PCB can you tell me what connections have been shorted out in A1,A2,A3,A4,A5 ?

I’d be grateful for any help you can offer.

Matt

TheAndyMac says:

TheAndyMac
    Participant

Hoping to reopen this thread – had found a 6V run 433MHz relay from China, looking very much like the ones already discussed in this thread.

The aim was to use a wireless LW201 and put the relay and 6V battery pack (2x3V) in the current socket backplate (which is deep enough) to provide effectively an on/off switch for a bathroom and fan……

However, it appears that the pairing sequence is not the same as the LightwaveRF sequences as I can’t pair the LW201 to the relay (even though it pairs fine with the supplied buttons) – and I can’t pair the buttons with a LightwaveRF switch, implying it is not using the same protocols.

Am I missing something?

Has the LightwaveRF pairing sequence been changed?

Are there other 6V units which others have had success with?

mattmcquiff says:

mattmcquiff
    Participant

Do you have a link of the one you bought?

Dave The Drummer
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I got one of these relays just yesterday.
    Link to 433MHz version of the item I bought on Ebay:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2Button-315-433MHZ-Wireless-Module-Receiver-Controller-F-Relay-Remote-Switch-DE-/232049067777?var=&hash=item360733c701:m:mBXVsTbIJ1kV2JuxBFB_PcQ

Pics of the item for when the link stops working:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13628331/LightwaveRFcompatibleRelay.PNG
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13628331/LightwaveRFcompatibleRelay2.PNG

Well it arrived after a week or so and it’s about half the size I was expecting so that’s good. It’s a 12V module so if you’re anything like me you’ll have loads of suitable power supplies knocking about.
    I just cut the plug off the end and inserted the bare wires into the + and – connections on the board. That was easy.
    The board came with zero documentation so there were no instructions. When I applied power there was no visible sign on the board. There are two LEDs but they only light up when the relays switch.
    OK so how to get it connected to the LightwaveRF stuff?
    Well that was just as easy.
    With the board powered up, open up the app and add a new switch. Or you can get your hand held remote ready or use whatever device you intend to use to switch the relay. It works fine doing it on the web also.
    I used the iPhone app. Add a new switch and give it a name. Tap Done to go to the confirm screen. Now choose one of the two buttons on the relay module and hold it down until the LED stays lit. This should be about 2 or 3 seconds.
    Then hit Confirm on the app. The red LED will flash a couple of times or just go out after a second or two. Had this happen both ways.
    Either way you’re now paired and the relay will activate when you hit the ON control on your app or remote or whatever.

To recap:
    Power up the board.
    Create new switch in app.
    Hold a button on the relay module until LED is lit.
    Tap confirm on the app.
    You’re done.

In this configuration the relay is acting in momentary mode. It closes the contacts for about 1 second and then opens them again. This is perfect for what I need but you may want it to close the contacts and only open them when commanded. I’ve not explored this configuration yet.
    What I need it for is remote power up of my main computer so I can log in remotely. Powering up the computer is the only thing I cannot do remotely. Hence this solution. I’ll figure out the on-hold, off-hold when the next module arrives. :-)

Here’re a couple of pics of the relay module activating. You can just about see the slight red glow from the LED as the contacts close momentarily.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13628331/LightwaveRFcompatibleRelay3.JPG
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13628331/LightwaveRFcompatibleRelay4.JPG

The thing that looks like a black spring is the antenna for the unit. I pulled it out a little for slightly better reception.

mattmcquiff says:

mattmcquiff
    Participant

@Dave The Drummer
    Ordered 2 and they worked, no issues.

How did you know what you were looking for? I would like to get some 220v Mains one if possible. but this is a cheap step in the right direction.

What about ones that can dim at 12v? That would be a neat trick.

Many thanks

Matt

mattmcquiff says:

mattmcquiff
    Participant

@Dave The Drummer This might sound sound silly buy which switch powers what side? What connections did you use? I’ve powered and paired but I’ve not yet connected anything. Currently I can’t see any power on the terminals? Also contacted the seller to try an find out more.

Matt

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.