LightwaveRF compatible RF Relay modules

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > LightwaveRF Hackers > LightwaveRF compati…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums LightwaveRF Hackers LightwaveRF compatible RF Relay modules

This topic contains 28 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  mattmcquiff 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
     Holdestmade says:

Holdestmade
    Participant

Not sure if of any use to anyone but just bought one of these to try and works fine with LWRF. Easily learnt to any remote (including phone app)

h t t p://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2Button-315-433MHZ-Wireless-Module-Receiver-Controller-F-Relay-Remote-Switch-PR-/291166713638?pt=UK_Gadgets&var=&hash=item43cae37726

They also do 1, 4 and 12 relay versions

Going to use it to control my kitchen LED cabinet lighting.

Cheers

SImon

jrm says:

jrm
    Participant

That looks interesting, Simon – and they are very cheap!

Can you pair each relay separately, or is there just one device code that switches both?

Regards,

John

Holdestmade says:

Holdestmade
    Participant

Yes both pair separately.

You can use 2 buttons – one for on and one for off or one button that toggles or has a momentary effect.

This is programmed using the small button next to the relays

Got mine up and running now, works fine and is approx 8m away from WIFI link in another room.

Cheers

jrm says:

jrm
    Participant

Many thanks, Simon. I think I’ll invest in one or two of these.

John

iddqd says:

iddqd
    Participant

Nice find, 5A switching for the tenth of the price of 2A switching in the LWRF inline relays is very attractive! :)

markk says:

markk
    Participant

Do these relays come with wiring instructions?

Running RFXCom with Domoticz on model b raspberry pi. LWRF dimmer switches, PIRs and plug sockets. Some Homeeasy switches, harmony hub controlling AV and air con. Geofencing with Pilot app. Tado for heating.
     btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

I haven’t got one yet, but I suspect raw from China they have no or very little documentation. They do, however, look pretty straightforward to use. The basic ones have a 0-12V DC input and then 3 contact c/o per relay. There is a slightly more expensive one that is powered from mains input with its own little inbuilt supply. That may be more convenient as a stand-alone self contained mains powered unit and it comes in an enclosure.

Holdestmade says:

Holdestmade
    Participant

No, no instructions came with it but as btidey says its pretty straightforward – 12V DC supply and then SPCO relay contacts.

Not seen the mains powered ones, might look at getting that instead as got a 12V PSU running it.

Mine has been up and running now for a few weeks now and not a single problem.

iddqd says:

iddqd
    Participant

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400841382634

I assume this is the mains-powered, enclosed unit? 10A switching too. Will report back when it arrives sometime within the next 6 years… ;)

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

This is the one I’d seen

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC220V-315-433MHz-1-Channel-RF-Wireless-Remote-Control-Receiver-Relay-Module-/191461144161?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item2c93f93661

The other one says out of stock. It is however 2 channel and has a remote. The contacts are just a make to give 240V out whereas this one is contact free changeover.

markk says:

markk
    Participant

Hi. I got mine today. I connected a 12v supply and was able to see the LED lighting when I push either of the buttons but now I’m stuck. Can someone help me to find how to connect the output and to pair the device please? Many thanks.

Running RFXCom with Domoticz on model b raspberry pi. LWRF dimmer switches, PIRs and plug sockets. Some Homeeasy switches, harmony hub controlling AV and air con. Geofencing with Pilot app. Tado for heating.
     Holdestmade says:

Holdestmade
    Participant

I had to do some trial and error but I pressed the button 3 times to get it into one button on and one button for off and then pressed and hold it to enter learn mode. pressed the button on the phone and it double flashed I think. repeat for the other phone button.

markk says:

markk
    Participant

I’m still stuck trying to wire this up. Could someone post a wiring diagram please? Much appreciated.

andrew.kerr5 says:

andrew.kerr5
    Participant

so these 12v relays use the LWRF protocol? so i cn use my wifi link to control?! (without an rfxcom?)

do they do mains versions?

Holdestmade says:

Holdestmade
    Participant

I’ve got mine wired up:

+12V to VCC
    0V to GND

Then use 1A and 1B for normally open contacts.

My relays say 5A @ 250V though I use it only to switch low voltage 12V LED lights .

IF USING MAINS ELECTRICITY ON THE RELAYS REMEMBER THAT PARTS OF THE PCB WILL BE LIVE !

Yes they work straight from the wifi link, just like any of LW official RF receivers

Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.