Lightwaver App by Kuffs

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums LightwaveRF Hackers Lightwaver App by Kuffs

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kuffs 5 days, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
     StCabbage says:

StCabbage
    Participant

Hi Everyone. Apologies, I’ve tried searching and not come up with any answers. I’m trying to sync lightwaver with my lightwaverf account but can’t figure out how to.

I can’t figure out how to do it and am starting to feel a little stupid. Lol.

Anyone know how to do It? I want to set it up so I can use Tasker with HTC Tags.

lonebaggie says:

lonebaggie
    Participant

Try downloading the official Lightwaverf app to the same device does that work ? Not used Lightwaver but google play has this comment attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     StCabbage says:

StCabbage
    Participant

The lightwaverf app is what I generally use, along with Alexa, but I need to get lightwaver working So I can use it with Tasker and NFC Tags. Unfortunately, I don’t think the official lightwaverf app allows this.

StCabbage says:

StCabbage
    Participant

I’ve finally gotten it to import my rooms and devices. . .but it’s old data. It’s how things were setup a year or more ago.

lonebaggie says:

lonebaggie
    Participant

Try asking Kuffs for some support from google play store

Look at some third party open source home automation Apps . I use Domoticz on a Raspberry Pi . This controls my Lightwaverf lights and zWave devices, I can get sub second responses from Alexa . There is a Domoticz android app thats supports NFC tags and geofencing. You could use this instead of lightwaver and tasker .More robust and lot more supportable ( large user base , active forum)

http://hnogames.nl/domoticz.html

StCabbage says:

StCabbage
    Participant

Thanks for the advice. I’ll have a little play with that and let you know how I get on. :)

StCabbage says:

StCabbage
    Participant

Already confused on the Server Settings page.

lonebaggie says:

lonebaggie
    Participant

I have another post on this forum, I will detailed a full configuration of Domoticz and scripts to control LightwaveRf lights on raspberry Pi . Have a look here

http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk/forums/topic/domoticz-script-to-control-switches-via-link-box/

kuffs says:

kuffs
    Participant

Wish you had just asked for help. I only come on here very occasionally.

Importing data is as simple as choosing “LightwaveRF Portal” from the “Data” menu.

If you got old data, you are logged in using an old account (explained in the user manual). LightwaveRF upgraded to a new server some time ago. The easy way to check is that the old system only supported a 4 digit numeric password. The newer system allows alpha-numeric characters.

You must have an account on both systems. If you logged into their official app when the new system was released, your account would be upgraded and your data copied to the new system. If you created a new account, you got a brand new account and had to set your devices up again. Sorry but that was not my doing :-)

The attachment shown above has no relevance to importing. It was just about the message being displayed that shows your phone is not yet authorised on the WiFi link. Easily dismissed by pressing the button on the Link box.

Lightwaver is discontinued now (it was really showing its age and it was created when there was no official native Android app as the offical app back then was just an app wrapper around a web page) but if you still want Tasker support, check out this page which shows a preview of my new app and works alongside the official app rather than as a replacement for it.

https://plus.google.com/communities/100438979845496320277

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.