Lightwave RF 2 Gang Socket Just BLOWN/Died (AGAIN)

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Lightwave RF 2 Gang…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Lightwave RF 2 Gang Socket Just BLOWN/Died (AGAIN)

Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nevetsecirp 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
     WHWSussex says:

WHWSussex
    Participant

This is the 3rd 2Gang Lightwave RF socket which has ‘died’ on me now. When I say died, it works one moment, then the next the lights on both the socket switches go out and the thing no longer works. Can’t reset or do anything with it anymore.

https://www.megamanuk.com/lightwaverf/products/power-control/jsjslw270wh/

Has anyone had this similar experience with these units? Seems like something inside has ‘blown’. Do they have an internal fuse which may need replacing? Highly annoying.

thanks for some feedback.

Allan says:

Allan
    Participant

Yes happened to me with a switch, was replaced under warranty.

As you say just died, lights were on and working…………..then they weren’t, both led’s were out.

WHWSussex says:

WHWSussex
    Participant

My equipment is always out of Warranty when this happens, so I have to part with some more cash to have them replaced.
    I’ve just heard back from the HelpDesk. They say because out of Warranty there is not much they can do and there are no parts inside like a fuse which can be serviced. In other words the thing is ready for the bin!
    The Help Desk reckons there may be surges on my supply which are damaging the ‘sensitive electronics’ within the socket and I may want to fit a ‘snubber’ to soak up the surges? So, how come none of my other sockets (non RF but USB equipped charging sockets) or other equipment paraphenalia attached to various sockets are experiencing burn out or are blowing such as computers, TVs, Laptops etc ?
    I can’t believe this is the 3rd RF socket which has died on me? If my supply really was that unclean, none of my other non RF equipment aren’t taking a hit!?

I can’t keep on replacing these RF sockets , it’s costing a fortune!

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

What are you plugging into the socket? previously on the forum people have reported issues with loads such as motors etc causing problems

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
     WHWSussex says:

WHWSussex
    Participant

I have several of these RF sockets located around the house. Mainly I have table lamps connected to them which are timed using the App.
    The one that has just gone is in my Snug room and has a 4 Gang extension attached to one of the sockets which in turn my laptop and a desktop and a mobile phone charger is plugged into, plus perhaps on occasion other stuff such as battery charger or desk lamp etc if there’s a socket free on the 4 gang extension. The other socket has 3 decorative neon strip wall lights plugged into them full time which are timed to come on at dusk etc.

The cleaning lady may on occasion plug her hoover in to them or the girlfriend may plug her hair dryer or curlers in, but I can’t be placing stickers on these things to say only low loads are allowed to be on the safe side?! Surely they need to have some robustness build into them, we are dealing with mains electricity and not 12V or 24V here?

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

If you search the forum you will find issues where people have stated hairdryers and vacuums have caused load issues, its not good practice to plug either of them into an extension lead either.
    I would guess that is why they keep blowing not the circuit within the house

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.