lightwave device codes

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > LightwaveRF Hackers > lightwave device… > Page 2

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums LightwaveRF Hackers lightwave device codes

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  stringman 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
     stringman says:

stringman
    Participant

btidey

many thanks for the reply

Being impatient (and not being able to sleep) I ordered a learning remote (doh) from china for £2.50 and also a homewares keyfob remote (it had a no quibble returns policy) but I suspect after reading your post this will not work. I am hoping that as home easy rebranded and to home wares smart home and has a new protocol that it may just may work.

I do indeed have the wifi link. UDP is all very new to me and sounds both confusing and expensive. If I could impose on your good nature just a little more…

Am I correct that what I would need to do is find a receive unit that accepts home easy/ home wares signals (from a remote and the external pir?) and then sends UDP to the wireless link which in turn sends it to the lw devices?
    where would I find such a device??

many thanks as ever.

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

UDP is just an internet packet transmission method. It is used as the method to send commands into the LightwaveRF link device which in turn then sends out the rf commands to the device. As such it doesn’t cost anything and the scripts on this forum allow PC’s, Macs, Raspberries to send out the UDP packets to command the link.

As you say you do need something to receive the homeeasy triggers.

You can buy usb 433MHz tranceivers like http://www.uk-automation.co.uk/rfxcom-rfxtrx433e/ This is a USB device which understands the protocols of a wide range of devices for both reception and transmission, including homeeasy and lightwaverf. It doesn’t do anything by itself but is a peripheral for a range of home automation software like domoticz and others. The home automation software would be hosted on a PC or a separate platform like a raspberry Pi. So when used with such it would recognise and send in homeeasy triggers to the home automation software. This in turn would be configured to respond to a trigger by sending out say a lightwaverf command.

That would be the easiest way to do it but obviously that comes at a price. The rfxcom device is not supercheap, but could be worth it, particularly if you were planning on integating other devices in via this route.

The other option is to make your own unit using very cheap 433MHhz receivers and a device like a raspberry pi. This requires more effort and a level of expertise. This would make sense if you want to learn about this side.

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

If you wanted to get into the diy part then http://homeeasyhacking.wikia.com/wiki/Home_Easy_Hacking_Wiki is a good source of info about homeeasy comms

stringman says:

stringman
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.
    I did send a reply but it didn’t get through?

Anyway I can now confirm that the keyfob remote I bought DOES NOT work. never mind
    I suspect that the learning remote also wont work but it was the cheaper of the 2 options so I will give it a go.

The UDP sounds interesting but I I don’t have a clue about that. I presume its a case of some device that receives home easy signals and coverts then to LW signals via the wifi link.
    would you be so kind as to point me in the direction of said device (even a name would be good)

I think with the PIR I may just buy a lw pir , trim the edges so it fits inside a wall mount box (standard lightswitch box) then I can get a blanking plate for said box, make a cut out for the pir. fit it and silicone seal it.

I do like the sound of UDP though. I am still learning and have just discovered ifttt

many thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.