Light switch to plug socket * 2

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Light switch to plug socket * 2

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jules 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
     martynhsmith says:

martynhsmith
    Participant

I’ve tried to be clever and it doesn’t look like it’s working

When my kitchen was fitted a few years ago under the top cupboards they left a lighting circuit to fit down lights
    I fitted a plug socket on to the light connection and plugged in a transformer for an LED strip
    so I had a standard double light switch that switched on the main lights and my counter lights.

A few weeks ago I replaced the standard light switch with a 2 gang lightwave smart switch – everything still worked.
    This evening I have fitted a second led strip and another plug socket – to the other side of the kitchen.

It doesn’t work if I have both switched on – If I unplug one or other of the lights both work but have both in and both switched on and the switch just flashes orange

I can’t see anything obviously wrong – Anyone have a suggestion ?

Martyn

Jules says:

Jules
    Participant

The LightwaveRF light switches are only suitable for dimmable loads and your LED transformers are unlikely to be dimmable. You could fit a LightwaveRF relay to switch power to your cupboard sockets and control that from a LightwaveRF wireless switch or remote control.

My Mazda CX-3 Blog: jtonline.info
      Home automation: 1 x LW930 Lightwave Link / 4 x LW400WH Dimmer / 1 x LW205 Wire-Free Switch / 4 x LW381 Basic On/Off Socket / 1 x LW830 In-line Relay 3000W / 1 x Echo / 2 x Echo Dot / 1 x Harmony Companion.
    Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.