Light mysteriously turning on same time every day?

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Light mysteriously…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Light mysteriously turning on same time every day?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  wiseman122 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
     wiseman122 says:

wiseman122
    Participant

Hi all, I wonder if anyone can help me to diagnose an issue.

I’ve had my LightwaveRF set up installed and working for about a week now.

I have 2 hardwired dimmers (a LW420 and a LW430), 2 remote dimmers (LW201) and a remote scene controller (LW101).
    I have these running with wifi link LW930 and that’s connected wirelessly with an Echo Dot.

One gang of the 2 way dimmer turns the attached light on at 21:15 every evening, but I have no timers setup and never have.
    At first I thought it might be interference from a car alarm, but it happens at the same time (could it be a car alarm on 433mhz?)

Thoughts and suggestions welcome

Thanks,
    Mark.

LW430, LW420, LW201, LW201, LW101, LW930, Amazon Echo Dot. Virtual Machine running Domiticz for geofencing with my Android phone. Raspberry Pi model B hardwired to a LW100 remote and running a script to reset modem.
     wiseman122 says:

wiseman122
    Participant

Well as this forum seems pretty dead I thought I’d post up to help others.

I started to swap the rooms around in the web manager to see if I could diagnose the issue by making another device come on instead of the kitchen light, which would hopefully tell me whether it was my wifi link sending a signal at 21:15 or a stray 433mhz signal causing my problem, and that’s when strange thinks started appearing. On the favorites page appeared a table lamp, refresh the page and it had gone as fast as it appeared! I then started deleting devices to start from scratch and up popped a new room called ‘kitchen – party’ or something similar…

As this was just too weird I ran a few commands in Python to cancel & delete all timers (even though I hadn’t set any up, nor were any visible).
    I then did a factory reset on the wifi link and wiped the memory of both hardwired controllers.
    I paired the link again and set it all up again on my Android phone and remade all my groups on the Alexa app etc.

I have Wireshark running on my laptop monitoring UDP ports 9760 & 9761, and was waiting for 21:15 to determine once and for all where my stray on signal was coming from. 21:15 has now been and gone and nothing happened, everything is working as it should. I guess I’ll never really know what was going on, I can only assume that my new wifi link wasn’t actually new and although there were no timers showing, it must have had something running in the background that hadn’t been wiped successfully. Reading up on how the system works it seems impossible for a car alarm keyfob to cause the same light to come on.

No real resolution, but it’s working now and this post may help someone else
    (or even me if it happens again in 6 months time when all this has been forgotten!)

LW430, LW420, LW201, LW201, LW101, LW930, Amazon Echo Dot. Virtual Machine running Domiticz for geofencing with my Android phone. Raspberry Pi model B hardwired to a LW100 remote and running a script to reset modem.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.