LED Hut now offering a massive 25% discount! *EXPIRES END OF MAY*

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Special Offers > LED Hut now offerin… > Page 3

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Special Offers LED Hut now offering a massive 25% discount! *EXPIRES END OF MAY*

This topic contains 30 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Dom 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)
  • Author
     Dom says:

Dom
    Participant

Hi Chris
    Thanks for the reviews and comments about using LED with LightwaveRF.

I bought 24 SMD LEDs from LEDhut but I have to say, I am not impressed with the lower brightness range of what I have received. My wife and I like to chill at the end of a day with a movie turning the lights down low accordingly. But I don’t seem to manage to dim lower than what you’d get a from a conventional brightness (even when combined to add load).

Can you help?

I contacted LEDhut saying perhaps I had purchased the wrong product and should I exchange. They said it was probably the lightwaverf causing the problems and I should buy a trailing edge from them. I said lightwave (quote) “use trailing edge technology”. I told them I would be happy to swap bulbs to another as I had read you positive review and was confident that other products would probably dim lower but the Rep said that all their products had essentially the same technology and no point trying another product. So they are boxed up and have agreed a refund.

Can you tell me (from your experience), will I find bulbs to dim down to the required low level or is this a general limitations of the combination of the technologies? If this can be resolved, please could you indicate which bulbs I should try next. Also, my general suggest would be an indicated specification of a ‘Lumen range’ for dimmable LED, if this is a common occurrence.

Cheers

Dom

Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ABOUT Chris

Chris works as a techie for a large IT service provider. He is a geek at heart and loves nothing more than trying to automate his home. The problem is, his wife simply doesn't get it and can't understand why they can't have 'normal' lights like everyone else! Chris is dedicated therefore to implementing automation in a family friendly way.

View all posts by