Latest app update

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Latest app update > Page 2

This topic contains 31 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  wire@tesco.net 58 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
     Antyronnen says:

Antyronnen
    Participant

The images on the iOs App store for the Gen 1 update shows two Links on the Home page. Does anyone know if this means that the update actually supports more than one Link?
    However given that the pictures also showed the electric switch on/off indicator BEFORE this latest update which says it has been introduced as a new feature I don’t know what reality is being illustrated. Kafka would be proud!
    I too have a ticket in enquiring about thermostat Modes but until I hear better news I’m sticking with the old version, warts and all.

allan says:

allan
    Participant

Thank goodness for a bit of common sense in returning this functionality to iOS app…….still waiting for this on android.

jamieburchell says:

jamieburchell
    Participant

The latest update is very poor. It’s full of bugs. So much so that I’ve written a pretty long and scathing iOS app review on the App Store listing all the bugs that I’ve encountered.

What’s worse though is that Call for Heat just stops working after a couple of days. All my TRVs are at 100% yet the boiler is off.

LW don’t appear to have any idea what the issue is, less how to test an app before release.

Not happy!

Merv300 says:

Merv300
    Participant

Sorry for the late reply, you can use Deta connect on ios11, mine works fine.

Merv300
     Antyronnen says:

Antyronnen
    Participant

Thanks for the info about Deta and iOs 11.

Do anyoneknow if LW actually see the App store reviews? I know they don’t seem to take any note of this forum but someone, somewhere must be concerned with what is happening, mustn’t they? They have a pretty good product in the Gen 1 devices even without feedback on state but it almost beggars belief that the company can have left their software development, both process and outcome, in the hands of such incompetents.

I know I raised the issue of managing two Links with them ages ago so the third image on the App store (showing the Zone page) is tantalising. Has anyone who’s been unfortunate enough to upgrade any idea of whether this is real or just imaginary?

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

Sadly, right from the very beginning LWRF have been very slow at reacting to comment and suggestions, slow at developing an excellent concept and not delivering when they say they will. Over the years there have been many good suggestions, and many exasperations expressed but there is little change. It is a good product and it works once set up and left alone but now to move on so that it is compatible with other things, Apple HomeKit for example, it means spending more money and such is their history I am reluctant to do that. I cannot speak for their heating system. I don’t know if it has changed but when first released it was appalling and did not do what they said it would do, such that I spent a little more and installed Homeywell’s system which works fine. Companies like LWRF need also to bear in mind that in a household there may be one person who likes these controls and can set it all up, but if he or she becomes unable or dies there would be a partner who is not technically minded. The system therefore needs to be relatively simple to operate. LWRF is, once set up, but am not so sure the not so technical can cope if changes are needed. As a result I have tended to move away from LWRF after many years of using it and now have few things operated by it, mostly plugins. Sad, really as the concept is good but the support and development not so. Having said that I had excellent support from one person who worked for them but he is no longer there.

jamieburchell says:

jamieburchell
    Participant

Do anyoneknow if LW actually see the App store reviews? I know

Not sure, but I screenshotted mine and Tweeted them and their CEO account

Antyronnen says:

Antyronnen
    Participant

It’ll be interesting to see if anyone responds. Last time I wrote an open letter to every board member (a couple of years or more ago) about the quality of their software it didn’t even raise an acknowledgement.
    I have just used the contact form on the website of the people who ‘developed’ the latest iOs App:
    https://www.syncinteractive.co.uk/get-in-touch/

Their website makes depressing reading when you realise the gap between their claims for, and the reality of, the App.

jamieburchell says:

jamieburchell
    Participant

I did get a response on Twitter and from the support ticket. They say they are aware of issues with the app and are working to resolve them. My call for heating just started working.

Does anybody know if call for heat relies on the LW servers? Some process must be listening to the TRV readings to trigger the boiler, but I don’t know if that is purely internal or external.

allan says:

allan
    Participant

Thankyou to LightwaveRF as they do now seem to be listening…..
    Complained, with others, that they had removed the on/off heating indicator from the iOS app……this was then returned to the app, pronto.
    …then mentioned that I was still waiting on this in android.
    …..and this has suddenly appeared.

So hats off for this level of response, and please keep it coming.

jamieburchell says:

jamieburchell
    Participant

Good that they’ve fixed a couple of bugs but IMO these are bugs that just should not have appeared. They need to test before release. There’s no way they could have when you see the bugs that are there.

Within 20 minutes of using the new app I found about as many bugs. I’m not some sort of machine, I just have eyes.

Antyronnen says:

Antyronnen
    Participant

I agree this goes beyond bugs. I recall some time ago responding to an email from LWRF asking if I wanted to be included in their programme to evaluate their products. I assumed this was a beta testing programme but never heard a thing. Many of the shortcomings of this update indicate not only programming flaws (bugs) but a wanton disregard of the basic functionality of the user interface with the LWRF devices such as the loss of Modes and Heating indicators; this is what the current de facto beta programme is picking up and should have been sorted out long before it was foisted on us.

The earlier version was 0.0.47; given the latest is 3.1.13 I suppose we should be grateful we missed v1.x and v2.x.

Antyronnen says:

Antyronnen
    Participant

I’ve heard back from Sync Interactive who developed the earlier App. It seems they “no longer work on the app, they’re now developing this directly in house within the company”. So no excuse for not understanding LWRF devices and how they are used.

Oswald says:

Oswald
    Participant

Thank goodness for this forum, the latest ios app update has driven me CRAZY with it’s host of utter hopelessness. Just downloaded the Deta app and things are back to where they were.

I have invested quite a lot in Lightwave hardware but I’m ready to rip it all out and start with something else, what a shame they can’t seemingly be bothered to test updates properly :/

wire@tesco.net says:

wire@tesco.net
    Participant

Nice to see that modes have returned in the latest update to the update. Has anybody managed to make them work? I can select a mode eg “holiday” but the next time I look it has reverted to “running mode” and it does not ask me “how many days”.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.