Just starting out, need some advice on light switches please

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Just starting out,…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Just starting out, need some advice on light switches please

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lynnechapman 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     lynnechapman says:

lynnechapman
    Participant

Hi, I have bought what I thought was the right products for our needs: controller, sockets and light switched. However, the light switches are dimmers and my husband says as we don’t have any dimmer switches in the house what we need is straightforward on/off light switches. I can’t see any on Amazon or Maplin and can’t get through to the Lightwaverf customer support people so can anyone advise me please. Have I bought the wrong switches and if so where can I buy the right ones (just want white plastic ones). Thanks Lynne

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

Unless there has been a change I have not spotted all LWRF light switches are dimmers, but you don’t have to dim, you can use them as on offs. If you wish to use led bulbs care is needed to ensure they are compatible. With the LWRF dimmer there is a very small current present and it is sufficient to light up non compatible led bulbs as they need so little power to function. LWRF’s site I think still has a list of compatible led bulbs. I rarely if ever have used the dimming function.

lynnechapman says:

lynnechapman
    Participant

Many thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.