issues using RGB LED with Lightwave Dimmer

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting issues using RGB LED with Lightwave Dimmer

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nixdy1 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     nixdy1 says:

nixdy1
    Participant

Hi, All.

I have just done a full kitchen refit and would like to use my lightwave dimmers to power my LED driver and Controller.

I have both of the following installed and running off a lightwaveRF dimmer 2 gang one for the LED lights and other for spots

They worked fine for a while. Now I get a quick blue light flash then back to orange. on the LED RGB lights. If I keep pressing the on button it will eventually turn on.

Also the driver has just started to buzz a little.

Any ideas??
    https://www.led-lighthouse.co.uk/led-strip-lights/led-rgb-colour-controllers/wall-mounted-led-rgb-w-touch-controller-12v-or-24v
    https://www.led-lighthouse.co.uk/led-driver-power-supplies/standard-12v-led-drivers/mean-well-240-watt-led-driver-12v-ip65-hlg-240h-12a

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

When you click on the suppliers info link at the bottom of the Driver’s page it says it’s dimmable but not with a dimmer switch like LWRF. I also get the impression the colour changing controller isn’t designed to be connected to a dimmer as it has its own inbuilt dimming function. I would stop using LWRF dimmers on these immediately as you may damage them or the dimmers or both, if you haven’t already.
    HTH

nixdy1 says:

nixdy1
    Participant

hi thanks for the swift response on this one. so what I have done is changed the dimmable driver wirth a non disable low voltage one to the controller unit then used the original transformers with rob repeaters hooked up via sockets and this seems to work fine

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.