Is This Lightwave RF in Disguise

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > LightwaveRF Product… > Is This Lightwave… > Page 3

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums LightwaveRF Product Range Is This Lightwave RF in Disguise

This topic contains 42 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  stringman 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
     Gary says:

Gary
    Participant

I have bought some of their lighting relays that are supposed to fit behind the existing light switch.

I haven’t tried them yet but from a quick look it still looks like you can’t simply put them inline with the existing cables as they (as like the LWRF ones) need a constant live, then provide a switched pair.

I must say that if I were to try to use these relays behind a traditional switch I doubt it would fit. Then again, when they wired our house they seemed to be obsessed with putting the back boxes for the light switches and power sockets as shallow as possible.

However, they do look small enough to fit inside the ceiling rose. Doing it this way I will still have to replace the existing switches – with terminal block and a LW201 style switch but it does mean I won’t have to re-wire or re-decorate which is a bonus.

I have also bought one of their key fobs which seems to work fine, and Domoticz just sees it as a LWRF remote.

Davehart says:

Davehart
    Participant

Hi all,

I have been looking at the COCO external PIR senson and wondering if anyone has had any luck pairing this with a Lightwaverf switch?
    I have downloaded the app for both Coco and Trust, which apparently are what Coco is set to become soon and both look identical to the Lightwaverf App. i am yet to be able to fully set these apps up as currently at work. i was wondering if the Coco or Trust app offers more rooms etc as i am at my limit on Lightwaverf as well.
    Failing that it looks like i will have to go RFXcom and Domotics which i am not feeling overly confident with right now.

All house sockets and lighting integrated with LightwaveRF.
     nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

I would be extremley interested to see if the COCO external PIR does work with the LWRF kit, as I found the site in 2013 but have never had the courage to actually purchase something. It is also interesting that they are doing UK style plug in adaptors.
    Reading back through the posts it seems there are mixed opinions on whether it will work.
    cheers

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
     Gary says:

Gary
    Participant

I’d like to know this too as I’m considering buying one.

I have bought one of they key fobs which works.

I’ve also bought a couple of light fitting receivers but I’ve not tried them yet

Davehart says:

Davehart
    Participant

I might purchase one to see if it does as will be going domoticz at some point so will always be able to make it work with that even if it doesn’t directly link with lwrf

Gary says:

Gary
    Participant

I went down the Domoticz / RFCOMM route right from the start. I ran it on a Pi B and it was poor. It kept crashing which of course kept corrupting the FS.
    I upgraded to a Pi 2 with a better power supply and have never looked back. It’s been up now for many months with no issues and is completely reliable.

My only problem is the range of the RFCOMM and the fact that there is no feedback from the LWRF kit to say whether it’s worked. I have a couple of LWRF power sockets in my garden shed for controlling the pond lighting, fish feeder and water pumps. Some sockets always work, some sometimes work, but Domiticz doesn’t know either way.

My next project is to look at a door bell which will work with Domoticz, including a door bell, and multiple chimes. The idea is to have it also take a photo using a Pi/PiCAM. Anyone got any suggestions?

markk says:

markk
    Participant

If it helps, I bought a wifi doorbell a few months ago which is working really well as a stand alone system. This one: http://zilink.en.alibaba.com/product/60075478901-222574441/Cobell_Smart_home_WIFI_Doorbell_Two_way_audio_IP66_Waterproof_P2P_and_support_Andriod_and_IOS_3G_Wifi_doorbell.html

I haven’t tried to integrate it with Domoticz yet but it does send a 433mhz signal to the wirefree indoor chime which comes with it so it may be possible. My postman still can’t believe we talk to him whilst we aren’t at home and ask him to leave items in a safe place. Only cost just over fifty quid too which is not much more than some normal wireless doorbells!

Running RFXCom with Domoticz on model b raspberry pi. LWRF dimmer switches, PIRs and plug sockets. Some Homeeasy switches, harmony hub controlling AV and air con. Geofencing with Pilot app. Tado for heating.
     Davehart says:

Davehart
    Participant

Hi all,
    So i have taken the plunge and ordered one of these external sensors by COCO. i will feed back shortly on if it is successful.
    I have been doing further research on rfxcom and domoticz and i have found i will struggle in getting all of my sensors and devices to connect to the rfxcom due to there distance. although it would be in the central most part of my house unfortunately i believe that some of them just wont reach and we all know signal repeaters / wifi repeaters are a waste of time!

Anyway will feed back shortly on the outdoor sensor. (fingers crossed!)

skiv71 says:

skiv71
    Participant

Hi Dave,

Have you looked into Z-Wave technology?

It supports mesh networking, so you can easily overcome range issue’s.

developer of BMS Link (http://linode.bmslink.co.uk). A cloud based Home Automation platform for LightwaveRF, Z-Wave, RFXCOM.
     Gary says:

Gary
    Participant

Dave, What is your current setup? If these sensors are working with the LWRF then there’s no reason that I know of for them to work with Domoticz / RFCOMM. AFAIK the range should be about the same.

I do have some problems with range with my setup. Some LW sockets consistently work and others that are 2ft away consistently don’t.
    I understand that you can set up a slave Domoticz/RFCOMM box to extend the range but it’s not something I’ve looked into yet.

Davehart says:

Davehart
    Participant

So I took deliver today of the external pir sensor and I can confirm unfortunately it will not pair of any of my lwrf switches or sockets. A real shame :(
    I will now have to wait till I delve into the rfxcom and domoticz to get it set up with the external lights. But for now just taking one for the team!!!

nevetsecirp says:

nevetsecirp
    Participant

Thats a shame that it doesn’t work, as its just what I am after at the moment the external PIR. Sorry youve had to buy one. But at least we now know

LWRF light switches in several rooms, WIFI Link, Energy Monitor, Socket x3 and multiple On/Off adapters. PIR controlling lights and doorbell utilising light feature. TRV's for heating. Relays for garden and outside lamps Linked with Amazon Alexa via a dot
     stringman says:

stringman
    Participant

I know this is a very old thread but I have been searching for an external PIR which led me to this thread. At least that question got answered.

But what intrigued me was Gary’s post saying he had bought a coco keyfob remote.

was it this one?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/COCO-Technology-AKCT510-Remote-Control-white/dp/B007XQQ5SU ?

if so a google of the model number brings up a Trust smarthome remote that has the same model number and looks identical.

Would this work on a “pure” lightwave system ie no Domoticz or other 3rd party kit

many thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.