iPhone IOS5 quirks

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David 6 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     David says:

David
    Participant

I have noticed a couple of things on the iPhone app under iPhone OS5 which have started showing quirky behaviours and wanted to ask if anybody had seen any others.

You may have noticed the timers went slightly AWOL under IOS5 which is one of the reasons we had to rush out another update so quickly last week. We hadn’t changed any code in the Timers area and it wasn’t showing any compilation errors but a bit of kicking around and it all stared to work. Now we have another one (thanks Steve) which is that if you go onto the Welcome page and then press the DONE button to go back to the house menu nothing happens. I have tried it on my iPod touch which is still on IOS4.3 and it does work so I know its not my code (OK, neurotic, I admit).

No prizes will be given but gratitude unbounded…

SimonCatlin says:

SimonCatlin
    Participant

David,
    I can confirm the Done button does not work on my iOS5 devices (iPhone 4 and iPod Touch).

2 WiFi, 2 sockets, 11 light switches (7 single, 4 double), 2 mood controllers, 1 double wire free switch, 6 plug in on/off, 3 plug in dimmer, 2 PIR, 2 LED, 1 300W Inline relay, 2 signal booster, 1 Energy Monitor and 1 very patient wife. Also Heatmiser's Neo, Ring Bell, Ring Camera, Nest Protect, Canary...
     ant says:

ant
    Participant

I’ve noticed that all timers can have an end date set with the "Until…" option, but only once-only timers can have a start date; all of the repeating timers set the start date to "Now" and you can’t change it. Is this intentional? It seems reasoable to have a timer that runs say tuesdays & thursdays, starting (at or after) 1st Dec 2011, ending 31st Dev 2011.

I wondered if this is a UI limitation, or a wifilink limitation?

David says:

David
    Participant
    "blowback":38h9r6fo wrote:

I’ve noticed that all timers can have an end date set with the "Until…" option, but only once-only timers can have a start date; all of the repeating timers set the start date to "Now" and you can’t change it. Is this intentional? It seems reasoable to have a timer that runs say tuesdays & thursdays, starting (at or after) 1st Dec 2011, ending 31st Dev 2011.

I wondered if this is a UI limitation, or a wifilink limitation?

Its actually a limitation on the amount of memory space we have in the wifilink. Its a bit crowded in there so we had to make a few compromises and one of them was to limit the number of options on each timer to get more timers into the system.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.