Iphone App problems after change of broadband supplier

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Iphone App problems…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Iphone App problems after change of broadband supplier

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rhlangdon 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
     dazzer6470 says:

dazzer6470
    Participant

Hi, having major issues with the control of the lightwave from my iphone app after changing broadband supplier. The website app works fine and everything now workings in the house from the remotes and lightswitches. The issue is the iphone app just locks up when it loads and logs in. I have tried to remove the app, reboot and reinstall. it works for a short period and then reverts to locking up again !!!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

If this is happening in your home then I doubt it is the broadband change for the app would simply communicate locally with the LWRF hub and that with the devices. It may be an issue with the router and the Wi-Fi connection. Try discounting the iPhone from your house Wi-fi, delete reference to it in settings on the iPhone, hard reset and then connect to the Wi-Fi afresh.

The other possibility may be the router itself if it was supplied by your broadband supplier. If you still have the old router and you know that worked try using that again. I don’t think routers are supplier dependent. I separate out my broadband so that it arrives at a BT OpenReach modem, which then goes to a Netgear router.

If it is a BT Home Hub then it may in any event be worth thinking of a different router. I have always had issues with the BT supplied hubs which is why I now have it configured differenty and in the 10 months I have run it this way I have never had a problem. With the BT hardware problems were daily.

dazzer6470 says:

dazzer6470
    Participant

hi, thanks for that. when i install the app from 4G it seems to work ok. when i connect to the wifi, it then locks up and will not work again even back on the 4G. I had a Virgin hub and have changed to a BT home hub, so this may be the issue. I was not sure if the plugin lightwave needed to be re configured ??

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

Should be no need to reconfigure the LWRF end. Try changing the router first. If it worked before then it sounds like BT’s Hub is the problem. Not unusual!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.