Imminent price rises and an offer from Lightwaverf.co.uk

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion Imminent price rises and an offer from Lightwaverf.co.uk

This topic contains 33 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  stu-e 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
     Chris says:

Chris
    Key Master

Current retail prices on LightwaveRF kit hasn’t changed in 3 to 4 years. I have absolutely indisputable rock solid word that these prices will be rising 15-30% in January with the average price rise being around 25%. All prices will have risen by the 31st January.

I’ve been given an exclusive voucher code by the guys at lightwaverf.co.uk to share with readers of this forum. The voucher code is worth 5% off all stock and is valid on as many orders as you wish to place between now and the 31st January so it’s definitely worth stocking up now before the prices rise and the voucher expires.

The voucher code is: LWRF5

Lightwaverf.co.uk have asked me to remind everyone that they have always offered free shipping on all their products, will be shipping orders up to and including Christmas Eve and are open throughout the Christmas period.

Click this link http://www.lightwaverf.co.uk/ for the voucher code to be valid.

Chris

Chris Mills Founder and Editor - LightwaveRF Community http://cpmills.com/ http://lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk
     Ddwindy says:

Ddwindy
    Participant

Chris – i have looked and not found on the forum – a for sale section……. i purchased a lot of Stainless Steel Switches – far more than i needed – they are now surplus to requirement – is there somewhere i can advertise them??

echase says:

echase
    Participant

Why are the TRV heating valves not available from http://www.lightwaverf.co.uk/ ?

B&Q sell them but appear to be at the end of their stock with no sign of new stock appearing. Also they display them not with other TRVs but under the Siemens auto control section even though they are not a Siemens product. There is a small label saying they are not compatible with Siemens controllers, which would be easy to miss.

JustMe says:

JustMe
    Participant

Regarding their heating system, you may be aware that JSJSDesign have signed MegamanUK as their sole distributor and they have a downloadable Catalogue on their website that refers to their heating system as running on 868MHz with two way communications (and a new WiFi link) as opposed to the current 433.9 MHz (predominantly one way communications devices).

As such, there exists a strong possibility that the price rises predicted may come in with other two way devices enabling them to indicate the status. This is useful in knowing whether a switch is on or off etc. and takes LightwaveRF into the “big league” of home automation.

Their brochure can be found at http://www.megamanuk.com/assets/files/pdf/1510252%20MMUK%20Sept13%20lo-res%20LW.pdf and even though it talks of 2013, gives an insight into the 2014 product range.

Hope this helps.

stu-e says:

stu-e
    Participant

Hi,
    “website that refers to their heating system as running on 868MHz with two way communications (and a new WiFi link)”

Do you think this means the equipment I bought yesterday will become obsolete (a future heating system was the my principle driver)? Or is there likely to be a bridge between old and new WiFi link?

Thanks.

cndawes says:

cndawes
    Participant

Hi,
    “website that refers to their heating system as running on 868MHz with two way communications (and a new WiFi link)”

Do you think this means the equipment I bought yesterday will become obsolete (a future heating system was the my principle driver)? Or is there likely to be a bridge between old and new WiFi link?

Thanks.

As I understand the current WiFi Link (JSJSLW500) works on both the 433 & 868 frequencies …

stu-e says:

stu-e
    Participant

Ah, that’s a relief! Thanks.

JustMe says:

JustMe
    Participant

Hello Again,

It is possible that the new WiFi link is backwardly compatible, but not clear if current devices can be upgraded to communicate with the other devices on the new frequency. The current system is that “Each Radiator Valve can be paired with a LightwaveRF Window Switch and Wifi-Link allowing smartphone/PC control. It can also be linked to a single LightwaveRF Room Thermostat (although one Room Thermostat can control several Radiator Valves). In total there are 4 pairing memory slots”.

The current Wifi must therefore be capable of 868.3, as this is the frequency for the current heating systems, though it is unclear if they are designed to communicate with some of the new devices.

JSJSLW920 Boiler Switch White 230v 3000W 868 Mhz y y – y – - – - – - – - – -
    JSJSLW934 Electric Switch White 230v 3000W 868 Mhz y y – y – - – - – - – - – -
    JSJSLW921 Home Thermostat White 3v (2x AA) – 868 Mhz Y Y - Y - – - – - – - – - -
    JSJSLW923WH Room Thermostat White 230v – 868 Mhz y y – y – - – - – - – - – -
    JSJSLW923SS Room Thermostat S/Steel 230v – 868 Mhz y y – y – - – - – - – - – -
    JSJSLW923BLK Room Thermostat Black Chrome 230v – 868 Mhz y y – y – - – - – - – - – -
    JSJSLW923C Room Thermostat Chrome 230v – 868 Mhz y y – y – - – - – - – - – -
    JSJSLW922 Radiator Valve White 3v (2x AA) – 868 Mhz y y – y – - – - – - – - – -
    JSJSLW928 Heating Remote White 230v – 868 Mhz y y – y – - – - – - – - – -
    JSJSLW929 Home or Away Button White 230v – 868 Mhz y – - y – - y – - – - – - -
    JSJSLW930 LightwaveRF Link White 230v – 868 Mhz y y – y – - – 256 – - – - – -
    -
    JSJSLW931 Magnetic Trigger White 230v – 868 Mhz y y – y – - – - – - – - – -
    JSJSLW933 Outdoor Temperature Monitor White 230v – 868 Mhz y y – y – - – - – - – - – -
    JSJSLW600 Energy Monitor White 3v (2x AA) – 868 Mhz y – - y – - – 6 – - – - – -
    Kits
    JSJSLW940 Home Thermostat & Boiler Switch White 230v – 868 Mhz y y – y – - – - – - – - – -
    JSJSLW941 Boiler Switch & LightwaveRF Link White 230v – 868 Mhz y y – y – - – - – - – - – -
    JSJSLW942 Room Thermostat & Radiator Valve White 230v – 868 Mhz Y Y - Y - – - – - – - – - -

I saw a few of the current heating systems at Builder Depot in New Southgate this morning when I went in search of an LED system if anyone is interested. They have pugs, switches, slaves etc but understand the key supporter of LightwaveRF there has moved on so not aware of what the future supply will be.

It would be nice if they did all integrate and I hope the new WiFi link can cope with more devices.

stu-e says:

stu-e
    Participant

Cheers. I’d hope that if the radio’s there, then a firmware update could handle any changes in messaging, but we’ll have to see.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

It is possible that the new WiFi link is backwardly compatible

To which ‘new Wifi link’ do you refer?

JustMe says:

JustMe
    Participant

Hi,

I was referring to the JSJSLW930 – Lightwave Link shown on page 99 of the MegamanUK LighwaveRF brochure referred to earlier in the conversation.

There is every chance it will be backwardly compatible and as mentioned, the current WiFi link already has some 868.3 capability with the current heating system.

Suspect no need for concern yet; certainly, I have been buying the current devices as they serve my purpose. Currently, I have about 70 devices covering the entire range (I am a layman looking at the future of home automation) and with that, I am installing a Vera with a 422 USB attachment to extend control of the number of LightwaveRF devices I can access.

As such, I, for one, will be looking at the sale and seeing what else is out there.

Cheers

JustMe says:

JustMe
    Participant

FYI,

The information JSJSDesign have submitted to the London Stock Exchange indicates a price rise of 18%. Details can be found here:

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail.html?announcementId=11777565

Other interesting articles are there as well such as their relationship with MegamanUK and proposed shipping dates which have slipped considerably. The lack of news on their production tie in with Siemens would indicate this may have changed, especially as production is referred to as “out of China”.

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-markets/stocks/exchange-insight/company-news.html?fourWayKey=GB00B3FHW443GBGBXAIM

BELOW IS EXPRESSED MY PERSONAL OPINION AND VIEW
    I have seen claims on the Internet that the new WiFi Link contains the same functionality as the current one but if this is true, then the 8 room / 6 devices per room approach will always act as a significant “cap” to sales volumes, especially with the heating system likely to take up significant “chunks” of such capacity.

One thing is clear from their own information, that they are at least 4 months behind their production delivery schedule thought the sale is a sign they are offloading old stock to make room for new product. MegamanUK’s parent company, Neonlite Electronic & Lighting (HK) Ltd, is base in Hong Kong and has a turnover of about US$200m per annum in lighting and associated product. I am not aware of their experience in switch, sensors, controls and software, the heart of a good home automation system. There is also limited clarity on whether their Chinese production can match the Siemens quality and whether SIemens will continue to play a role, certainly, their launch of the Synco Home Automation line, would imply not.

Personally, I am getting hold of all the Siemens manufactured product I can as I enjoy the quality and feel of the current product range and supply issues are clearly an on-going challenge for JSJS Design.

Just my thoughts.

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

Are you assuming that JSJSLW930 is a replacement for JSJSLW500?

JustMe says:

JustMe
    Participant

Yes, I make this assumption based on the fact that the new MegamanUK LightwaveRF catalogue refers to the JSJSLW930 as the LightwaveRF link and there is no mention of the JSJSLW500.

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

Try the bottom of page 85.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ABOUT Chris

Chris works as a techie for a large IT service provider. He is a geek at heart and loves nothing more than trying to automate his home. The problem is, his wife simply doesn't get it and can't understand why they can't have 'normal' lights like everyone else! Chris is dedicated therefore to implementing automation in a family friendly way.

View all posts by