This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rob 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
     spittingllama says:

spittingllama
    Participant

Been keeping an eye on these since they were announced. Looks like a well made product. Let’s just hope the app works well!

Boil your kettle with your smart phone, anywhere in your home
    The most satisfying wake-up call of all time
    Welcomes you home by asking if you’d like to pop the kettle on
    Embrace laziness and enjoy perfect hot drinks, what’s not to like?

http://www.firebox.com/product/6068/iKettle

Anyone preordered one?

djtomkins says:

djtomkins
    Participant

Not for me. Quooker boiling tap. The single most important, value for money and useful gadget I have ever purchased.

If you don’t have one you should be thinking of investing now.

Two floors tooled up for light and power! Lighting circuits: 5 x 1 gang, 5 x 2 gang, 3 x 3 gang, 6 relay circuits, mainly LEDHut 5W LEDs (91!) but also outdoor SON lamps, LED kitchen lights, LED candle bulbs, halogen bulbs and a dimmable CFL, 5 mood controllers, two remote switches, 2 PIRs. Power: one remote socket, 9 plug in modules. Patiently waited for the heating modules for years, and am a little underwhelmed....flirting with evohome....and please don't tell me "there is a better way" and try to sel
     spittingllama says:

spittingllama
    Participant

Not for me. Quooker boiling tap. The single most important, value for money and useful gadget I have ever purchased.

If you don’t have one you should be thinking of investing now.

Quooker does look great, just a bit too pricey for me. I’m looking at getting my first house this year. Still want to have some gadgets. Maybe once I’m settled in I could look at saving for one of these.

Rob says:

Rob
    Participant

I just fill up my kettle and plug it into my lightwaverf socket. Switch the kettle on and switch the socket off and then turn it on as per a timer or by my tablet in the morning prior to coming down. Maybe not as intelligent as the ikettle but given you always need to make sure it’s got water, not far off.

And for £99 I could get a Siemens Porsche designed kettle!

Lightwave switches, sockets, PIRs, contact sensors, LED strips & relays. Running on RaspberryPi with Domoticz to incorporate RF temperature sensors & IP cams. Still running WiFi link alongside!
     Matt says:

Matt
    Participant

And for £99 I could get a Siemens Porsche designed kettle!

Went to replace our 12 year old Siemens Porsche kettle which has just given up the ghost but couldn’t find them anywhere, I don’t think they make them anymore…

Lighting: LWRF LED strips, In-line dimmers, In-line relays and Plug-in modules, Inputs: Master mood switch, Magnetic door sensors, Handheld remote, Controller: Domoticz running on Raspberry Pi with RFXCom. Plus recently a stack of Z-Wave units!
     Rob says:

Rob
    Participant

Probably be in B&Q soon in some dusty boxes like the rest of the Siemens stuff! :-)

Lightwave switches, sockets, PIRs, contact sensors, LED strips & relays. Running on RaspberryPi with Domoticz to incorporate RF temperature sensors & IP cams. Still running WiFi link alongside!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.