IFTTT on Gen2 and Link Plus

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  h3mp 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
     DaveJudd says:

DaveJudd
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve ordered a gen2 socket and Link plus. But only just read that Gen2 devices don’t work with IFTTT.
    I cant see any point in having a new Link Plus bridge ,if I’m going to have to keep gen1 power sockets cos I use them with IFTTT.

Is this a temporary situation? Are they about to add IFTTT to gen2 devices ?

Might just have to cancel my order

Thanks very much

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

Any answer you get here is just speculation.

Lightwaverf would have to update their IFTTT support to handle gen2 protocols.

Are the going to do this (temporary situation)? Probably at some point.

Is it imminent? I suspect this is not high on their list of priorities.

You could try asking them direct, but I would treat any timescale you get with a bucket load of scepticism, They do not have a good track record on delivering on promised dates.

DaveJudd says:

DaveJudd
    Participant

Thanks,
    Im going to return purchase and use Smappee instead

Major_Malfunction
    Participant

I can confirm IFTTT is now working with my Gen2 dimmer and Gen 2 Link Plus. Lightwave’s technical support told me it should also be working for Gen 2 sockets too but I haven’t tested that.
    It’s not perfect – for example the IFTTT “Timed event” trigger only lets me work in increments of 15 minutes which is clunky. Also the Lightwave RF action “dim a light to this level” does exactly that – it sets the dim level to the value you’ve chosen but if the light is off when it does it then it won’t bring it on. If you turn the light on yourself afterward, however, you’ll see that the set dim level automation did indeed work. So to set my bedroom light to wake me up with a nice glow in the morning I have to use two automations one after the other.
    It’s a start so I’m not going to knock it; I’m sure they’ll improve things as they go along.

DaveJudd says:

DaveJudd
    Participant

Thanks for reply.
    I emailed support and they didn’t even know about it themselves until I suggestive they asked a colleague.
    The should update website too

geoffpreston says:

geoffpreston
    Participant

I just had an email from LWRF saying that Gen2 was now IFTTT compatible. However I’ve yet to find out how to integrate it.

Major_Malfunction
    Participant

I was trying for a while to get it to work after their tech support told me it would, but then I got an update to IFTTT and the Lightwave app pushed to my phone and it just started to work after that. At that point I sent my post above saying it was working so that was say a couple of weeks ago.
    You just go into your IFTTT and search for “lightwave” under All Services. The ones you want are Lightwave RF Lighting and Lightwave RF Power (the others still don’t work yet). When you choose either Lighting or Power it comes up with a Lightwave RF login box. Put in there the email and password that you used to set up your Gen 2 Lightwave Link box, this is the same email and password that your app uses. It should go off and connect the services and then you can build actions using them in IFTTT.
    The problem I had before is that it would say “Could not connect service” when I tried to do the above, but now it connects, I can build actions and the actions work.
    Let me know how you get on

h3mp says:

h3mp
    Participant

yeh IFTTT on gen2 now working for me – didn’t have to do anything as already had account linked to IFTTT for the gen1 lights.. – i set up a quick action to email me whenever the lounge light is switched on or off – seems to work!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.