IFTTT creating an applet (recipe)

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums LightwaveRF Hackers IFTTT creating an applet (recipe)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  stringman 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     stringman says:

stringman
    Participant

Having discovered the IFTTT website and seeing the lightwave services I thought I would have a go at creating an applet.
    I merrily registered and then set up an existing service (when close to home switch on a power socket) which doesn’t seem to work (but then I haven’t left the house yet lol)
    So I thought I would try to set up a new recipe.
    on the IFTTT page I clicked on create new applet but when I had to pick a service I couldn’t see Lightwave at all.

Any ideas?

NedC says:

NedC
    Participant

Lightwave devices respond to commands rather that issuing them, so when you’re creating an IFTTT “applet” they only appear in the “That” list.

A quick way to see what’s possible is to create a recipe with the button widget from the “This” list, then you can see what’s available for “That”. It’s a good way of testing too – you just tap the button on your phone and see what happens.

stringman says:

stringman
    Participant

You are indeed correct
    I used the time service and told the applet to switch on some lights at a certain time and it worked.
    so I am on my way

thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.