I really need help!

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Forum Support > I really need help!

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Forum Support I really need help!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Grunthos 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
     Urban says:

Urban
    Participant

Hi there, I have resently purchased a lightwaverf dimmer 1 gang dimmer switch, I was planning on using this in my room and with Amazon echo, however when I installed it into my wall, and downloaded the app it was on about a WIFI Link?? I am unsure on how to set up because I have gone through your videos and have had no help. So I am asking for you help the model number is LW400, thanks Josh

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant
     Grunthos says:

Grunthos
    Participant

The light switch itself is pretty stupid. It just responds to coded RF signals from a lightwaverf remote control, a lightwaverf wireless switch or, more importantly for your use case, a lightwaverf WIFI-link.

The WIFI link is wired into your router and can generate the coded RF signals for all your lightwaverf devices.

So: your echo will talk to your network (and the cloud) over WIFI via your WIFI router which will pass requests (over a wired connection) to your WIFI-link that will tell your switch to turn on via a coded RF signal

Simples :-)

(Ironically the WIFI-link does not not actually have WIFI capabilities! A bit of a misnomer…)

Urban says:

Urban
    Participant

So do I need to purchase a wifi link then?

Grunthos says:

Grunthos
    Participant

Yep….

A bit overkill for just one light-switch!

(Strictly speaking you could build your own solution using a raspberry pi and a soldering iron!)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.