How to do events without a delay

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting How to do events without a delay

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  btidey 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     Rayman says:

Rayman
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m new to lightwave and first piece of smart home. In trying to set up events to happen either on the android app or Web interface. However they seem to have to be in sequence with atleast a 3 second delay which I can’t seem to reduce or ideally make them all happen at once (ie all lights come on in a room instantly rather than 1 with a 30sec delay to the next and subsequent ones). I feel in overlooking something but can’t find anyone in the net as to how when searched. I’ve tried reducing the time delay to 0 or 1sec and it sets a min of 3sec.

Is there anyway to set events with no delay?

Thanks

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

The link unit can only send one RF command to your devices at a time so there is a 3 second pulse to try and ensure reliability. You could either create a mood with all the devices you want to activate, or even add a new ‘device’ in the app and pair them all to it.
    HTH

btidey says:

btidey
    Participant

This delay is inevitable for separate commands in a sequence certainly using the Link1 system

Each command has to be transmitted out by the link using the 433MHz transmitter. A single transmission command is repeated about 20 times to increase the chance of its being received successfully. This takes about 2 seconds overall.

The TX can only send out one command at a time.

It is possible that the delay is less with Link2 systems as they could theoretically avoid so much repetition with a 2 way protocol but details are not available on that at the moment.

You should consider using mood commands. With these you can send a single mood command which all associated devices respond to and set their state to whatever was set up when the mood was set up. Turning on all lights in an area (or setting them to pre-defined dim levels) is exactly what mood operation is intended for.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.