HomeKit – new wifi link – when?

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > General LightwaveRF… > HomeKit – new wifi… > Page 2

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion HomeKit – new wifi link – when?

This topic contains 26 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Node Zero 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
     shewang says:

shewang
    Participant

hi Shewang,

I would also be really grateful for your advice on how to use my LightwaveRF products with my NEST and HomeKit.

Do you have an email address I can PM you on?

Hi evansnathan

Sorry, missed your post, for some reason I’m not getting notified about updates to the post. Feel free to email me at grant.shewan at gmail.com

RyuOnline says:

RyuOnline
    Participant

Can you build a pi 3 with Amazon Echo Support?

RyuOnline says:

RyuOnline
    Participant

My thoughts are the for LightwaveRF to work with HomeKit it’s going to require a new hub more than likely.

shewang says:

shewang
    Participant

My thoughts are the for LightwaveRF to work with HomeKit it’s going to require a new hub more than likely.

Indeed, at least. Given that all the current LWRF only receive, I suspect they’ve gone back to the drawing board to work out how best to integrate with HomeKit… they’re not letting much out in this area!

In the meantime, a RPi running HomeBridge will give you the ability to control your devices using Siri and the IOS10 Home app.

Yusglas says:

Yusglas
    Participant

I too have spent £1,000′s on LWRF devices and Iam getting frustrated with the lack of information / potential upgrades that never materialise, while other companies are bringing new products out every month.

All I want is a realistic timeframe for the road map, is that too much to ask?

I think this posts question will be ignored like all the other loyal LWRF customers that have posted.

..................................... WiFi Link, Boiler Switch, TVR's in rooms, Light Switches
     Marcode says:

Marcode
    Participant

Like so many others in this thread, I’ve been hoping to hear when LightwaveRF are going to integrate with HomeKit. It’s been years and so far all we’ve heard is:
    https://lightwaverf.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/09-April-2015-Applekit-Development-Update.pdf

Some community users in this thread have suggested using a Raspberry Pi to work around the problem.

For those who have not heard, there may be a alternative solution: a company called Den (search getden) are planning to release new light switches and sockets in Sept this year. Obviously, this is an expensive alternative for those of us who have spent our hard earned pounds on Lightwave products. I’m at the beginning of major renovation works at home and while I was hoping to use Lightwave products, this seems like a good time for me to switch.

I’m still hoping to hear when this will be available, but since LightwaveRF seem to be ignoring us, I think a company that listens to us is probably where I am going to go.

minionj says:

minionj
    Participant

Saw on latest Apple WWDC17 event under HomeKit Lightwaverf was on the screen. So when is it going to be compatible, is it under ios11?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Marcode says:

Marcode
    Participant

Hi minionj,

Lightwave shouldn’t have to wait for iOS11 to be released because the APIs they need to do what we all want them to do, have been around for a couple of years already.
    I was very surprised to see their logo up there, and I think it’s been there before and yet we wait.

I do hope Lightwave add HomeKit integration soon. I’ve been holding off buying anymore products until either they add HomeKit integration, or someone else comes along

Regards,

Marcode says:

Marcode
    Participant
     Austinbutcher says:

Austinbutcher
    Participant

I just spoke to LightwaveRF on the phone and you will need to replace all your hardware if you want the HomeKit features to work. WTF! Switches sockets the lot. It’s a joke I’m not a happy customer.

jdwhughes says:

jdwhughes
    Participant

does anyone have a copy of the document this link used to lead to:

https://lightwaverf.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/09-April-2015-Applekit-Development-Update.pdf

pretty sure it implies that existing lightwave products will be compatible with homekit when the development is complete. I have 6 x 4 way dimmers, 6 electric switches (for electric heating) 1 x inline dimmer, 1 x 250w inline switch. Over 15.k spent on the basis that they would become home kit compatible according to the homekit development update in the link, (if anyone has it or can find it). very angry with lightwave firstly that existing products are not compatible following upgrade to the link plus secondly there is not even any replacement or upgrade programme.

guessing others are pi**ed off too… not a chance of me ever recommending lightwave or ever buying another product from them

Node Zero says:

Node Zero
    Participant

There is simply no way gen1 devices developed nearly a decade ago would ever have been Homekit compatible, or that the company would ever have insinuated so, due to the devices themselves requiring extra hardware for two way comms.
    I have said it before on here and again without wishing to antagonise, anyone who has bought gen1 products hoping that they would be HK compatible has more money than sense.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.