HomeKit – new wifi link – when?

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > General LightwaveRF… > HomeKit – new wifi…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums General LightwaveRF Discussion HomeKit – new wifi link – when?

This topic contains 22 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Marcode 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
     Cwaig says:

Cwaig
    Participant

Having seen this statement on lw’s Facebook page:

“Hi guys, HomeKit integration is still on track for an early 2016 release. It will require a new Lightwave Link – unfortunately the demands of the system require a hardware upgrade. We hope that clears it up!”

I was wondering if anyone has heard a release date kicked around for the new wifi link?

MrR1gby says:

MrR1gby
    Participant

sooner the better. Really want HomeKit working in my house

nw83 says:

nw83
    Participant

what will having it home kit enabled actually add?

Cwaig says:

Cwaig
    Participant

what will having it home kit enabled actually add?

[*]The option of not using LWRF’s application to control your stuff (you can use whatever vendor provides the best app).
      [*]Decent remote access.
      [*]Siri voice control.
      [*]Geofencing.
      [*]iBeacon integration (Bluetooth-LE triggers).
      [*]Integration of other vendors hardware (eg. LWRF power socket’s, a Honeywell heating system, LWRF for some lights and Hue bulbs for others). Mix & match, and all controlled by one app (and you get to choose which app), with gatewaying between vendors.
     Tissy says:

Tissy
    Participant

Bump.

Is HomeKit supported yet, particularly with the soon to be release iOS 10s focus on home automation?

bockersjv says:

bockersjv
    Participant

Depends what you call “early 2016″!

markk says:

markk
    Participant

Homekit is supported already for LWRF devices using a Raspberry Pi running Domoticz, RFXtrx433e and the e-Domoticz homebridge plug-in: http://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10272

Not limited to LWRF stuff then either :)

Running RFXCom with Domoticz on model b raspberry pi. LWRF dimmer switches, PIRs and plug sockets. Some Homeeasy switches, harmony hub controlling AV and air con. Geofencing with Pilot app. Tado for heating.
     MrR1gby says:

MrR1gby
    Participant

Homekit is supported already for LWRF devices using a Raspberry Pi running Domoticz, RFXtrx433e and the e-Domoticz homebridge plug-in: http://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10272

Looks good but to much hard work for me. Hopefully they will bring it out soon. Or unless someone want to build and send me a Raspberry Pi that am all ears

shewang says:

shewang
    Participant

I too have HomeKit working on a Raspberry Pi, running just Homebridge and various plugins, like homebridge-lightwaverf, homebridge-nest, homebridge-hue, homebridge-onkyo-avr, homebridge-harmonyhub… took me quite a quite a while, but I’m all setup now.

However, the only drawback on the LightwaveRF integration is the current state of the switches. Unlike Hue (and other products), LWRF switches don’t advertise their current state to the controller, e,.g. LWRF Link, nor do they transmit any signal/command acknowledgements to the LWRF Link when you manually turn on/off a switch or light. So I fail to see how producing just a new LWRF Link will give you full HomeKit functionality, without replacing the existing LWRF switches too.

I’m using IOS10 beta, with the new Home app on my iPhone and iPad (which I also use as the ‘automation hub’) and it works really well, screenshots attached. I’ll happily put together an RPi for you MrR1gby – let me know if you’re interested.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Adam Davison says:

Adam Davison
    Participant

shewang would you be kind enough to make me a pi for LightwaveRF HomeKit support? Let me know adavison@me.com, I’d happily pay for your efforts as well as the hardware

shewang says:

shewang
    Participant

shewang would you be kind enough to make me a pi for LightwaveRF HomeKit support? Let me know adavison@me.com, I’d happily pay for your efforts as well as the hardware

Hi Adam, I’ll be happy to put one together for you.

evansnathan says:

evansnathan
    Participant

hi Shewang,

I would also be really grateful for your advice on how to use my LightwaveRF products with my NEST and HomeKit.

Do you have an email address I can PM you on?

Colin says:

Colin
    Participant

Watched the Apple Presentation last night. Did anyone see LightwaveRF name on the screen as one of the Home Kit supporters? I saw Heatmiser….

Griggles2 says:

Griggles2
    Participant

Hi Colin,

Unfortunately it was not on the screen during the event.

I’m as eager as the next Lightwave user to have this working but do not want to waste time with Pi’s if the integration is close.

However having asked on their FB page if they could at least confirm it this would be available before the end of 2016, I was told that they “could not confirm any dates” which I would suggest probably means no.

Historically LWRF take a little time to get up to speed (demonstrated again by the lack of Apple Watch integration) so I would be amazed (but pleasantly surprised) if we saw this much before the second quarter of next year.

PaulMc says:

PaulMc
    Participant

Any chance we can have a more robust message from Lightwaverf on their HomeKit launch.

Over a number of locations I have spend £1000+ on Lightwaverf hardware, including my own home, and I am delighted with it but want HomeKit compatibility now.

I need to decide if I should progress raspberry pi options, or somthing else, or wait a few weeks.

A little guidance for a loyal customer would be appreciated.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.