Help with wiring 2 gang dimmer switch

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Help with wiring 2…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Help with wiring 2 gang dimmer switch

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jules 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
     Kevbeattie says:

Kevbeattie
    Participant

Hi,

I moved into a new home with lightwave rf and for a while everything worked.

I then removed a faulty dimmer switch (without taking a photo) and now struggling to rewire the new one. It’s linked to a 2 gang switch above, which is doesn’t work either now.

There is a separate cable that was in place connecting two of the wires and that’s confusing me. Pictures attached.

Any guidance would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers,
    Kev

Kevbeattie says:

Kevbeattie
    Participant

with attachments…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Jules says:

Jules
    Participant

It looks as though someone has put black markers on the ends of the brown wires. Could it be that two black marks indicates constant live and one black mark indicates switched live?

I’m not an electrician, but the bridging wire is presumably connecting the constant live from one gang across to the other gang. Does the switch above have a similar bridging wire?

I would use a suitable multimteter to discover which were the constant lives and work from there, but that means poking about with 240 volts so if you’re not confident, your best bet is to call out a qualified electrician. Unless someone else has a better idea.

My Mazda CX-3 Blog: jtonline.info
      Home automation: 1 x LW930 Lightwave Link / 4 x LW400WH Dimmer / 1 x LW205 Wire-Free Switch / 4 x LW381 Basic On/Off Socket / 1 x LW830 In-line Relay 3000W / 1 x Echo / 2 x Echo Dot / 1 x Harmony Companion.
    Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.