Help with my timer its driving me mad

LightwaveRF Communi… > Forum > Installation and… > Help with my timer…

LightwaveRF Community: Welcome Forums Installation and Troubleshooting Help with my timer its driving me mad

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Fazer 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
     Colw1 says:

Colw1
    Participant

Hi I changed the timer on my relay timer recently to adjust the turn on and off times as the clocks changed and this is where it all went wrong
    Firstly I have two sets of outside light one set is on a dimmer switch and the other on are relay switch the dimmer ones seem to function fine but the relay ones don’t function correctly
    The symptoms are the lights come on at the correct time but never turn off at the correct time I’m having to turn them off manually. I have tried deleting the timers for on and off and reloaded them with no joy I’ve turned the main power off to the relay and again reset the timer but again still the same, everything functions normally on the the manual switching mode
    Someone please help as there is no logic to this and to be quite honest this not the first time I’ve had problems with the timers with this app come on Lightwaverf you are letting yourselves down as this should be very easy to do not a brain ache

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

I have the same issue and have had for a very long time. Two outside lights are controlled by relays. I have one which sometimes switches off at the designated time and sometimes it doesn’t. The failure rate is around 20% of the time so more often it works. I tried a second off time setting for this light but it changed nothing. What did was to set an event of 5 off settings for the light each 5 seconds apart and then set that to run after the normal off time. That appeared to work for over a week. I paused it and the fault returned. Then I deleted the original timer and Event and set them up afresh. It made no change. It looks like I will need to always run the multiple off event.

My suspicions are that something interferes with the signal getting to the relay. Not far from it is the control panel for an electric garage door. That may be causing interference. The only way I can check that is locate the relay some distance way. I’ll need a roll of can,e to do that!

Check what is around the relay and whether there is anything that may block, reduce or interfere with signal path. My second relay for another light works fine and it is 18 feet further away from the WiFi Link than the problem one so it’s not distance in my case. I am coming to the conclusion I need to put the relay in a different place.

Carl Goss says:

Carl Goss
    Participant

I have the same problems with a 3 way relay. I wonder if your point about how it is housed is making a difference, although I have no problem with using the IOS app locally to switch it from the same position as the Link unit, or using a remote unit. The problems only come with the relay taking timer commands from the Lightwave Link. Surely someone at Lightwaverf could help here? This is the biggest let down of the system for me so far, apart from the paltry load rating of the dimmers, recommended in LW documentation 25 watts of LED load? But then on the LW website up to 80 watts should be OK. Higher load ratings are really needed for multi lamp installations. But lets get the timer issues sorted first!

Colw1 says:

Colw1
    Participant

Hi thanks for your replies whilst it’s not good you to are having problems it’s nice for me not to feel I’m alone with this , I would like to feel Lightwaverf are going to do something about this as I have lost all confidence in this system , I only bout this as I seemed good value for what you got but it’s not good value if it doesn’t function properly
    Am I going to have to look for another manufacturer as I don’t think this is very user friendly like some other systems are

rhlangdon says:

rhlangdon
    Participant

I am more than happy with LWRF. It works. I have had it for several years now. There were problems in the early years but nowadays it is quite stable and operates as it should. My one issue is I think due to something else and not LWRF.

However, LWRF heating for me was a big NO. I sent back what I ordered when it first came out as it did not do what I expected it to do and was incredibly noisy. I paid the extra, went for Honeywell’s Evohome and no regrets. The extra couple of hundred pounds was money well spent.

michael ward says:

michael ward
    Participant

I have the same problem with a switched socket with a light on it.
    I have 2 lights being turned on with a light sensor for dusk, then each of the lights are supposed to turn off a two different times.

The first light always works fine, the second light sometimes does not turn off at all.

On each of these occasions, I have gone onto the web page and changed the time by a few minutes, then updated everything. It then works fine for some time.
    I think it messes up when a system update happens, no idea why it should.

Can anyone else confirm the update theory ?

Fazer says:

Fazer
    Participant

I am also having the same problem, I have a cabin where my Lightwave Hub is connected using Cat 6 cable to my Router. I have installed a LightwaveRF 3000W Inline Relay to control an external power socket used to power my garden lights. The relay is only about 11/2 metres from the hub. The garden lights switch on ok at dusk but recently have stopped switching off at the time set in the application. In view of the close proximity of the Hub to the relay I can discount problems with any signal attenuation. The hub also switches lights in my house which is 20 metres away across the garden with no problem. Could I have a faulty in line relay? Any advice on this problem would be appreciated.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.